Saudi - How safe?

Old Mar 31st 2009, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

smudge1 has a reputation beyond reputesmudge1 has a reputation beyond reputesmudge1 has a reputation beyond reputesmudge1 has a reputation beyond reputesmudge1 has a reputation beyond reputesmudge1 has a reputation beyond reputesmudge1 has a reputation beyond reputesmudge1 has a reputation beyond reputesmudge1 has a reputation beyond reputesmudge1 has a reputation beyond reputesmudge1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Saudi - How safe?

Hi. Sorry if this questions has been asked before..
Can anytone tell me how safe it is to work in Saudi at the moment? Possibility of work there and know nothing much about it.. Thanks
Old Mar 31st 2009, 5:58 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Saudi - How safe?

Originally Posted by smudge1
Hi. Sorry if this questions has been asked before..
Can anytone tell me how safe it is to work in Saudi at the moment? Possibility of work there and know nothing much about it.. Thanks
Before the Noobie Troopers storm in, check out the Deans Wiki at http://britishexpats.com/wiki/The_Ul..._to_Saudi_Life

And do some homework first before posting things that will leave you open to ridicule.
Old Mar 31st 2009, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

smudge1 has a reputation beyond reputesmudge1 has a reputation beyond reputesmudge1 has a reputation beyond reputesmudge1 has a reputation beyond reputesmudge1 has a reputation beyond reputesmudge1 has a reputation beyond reputesmudge1 has a reputation beyond reputesmudge1 has a reputation beyond reputesmudge1 has a reputation beyond reputesmudge1 has a reputation beyond reputesmudge1 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for your kind words. You too have a nice day
Old Mar 31st 2009, 6:16 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for your kind words. You too have a nice day
You are very welcome, have a great evening...

Please tell me you are not a sceptic tank or next time, I'll leave you to the wolves...
Old Mar 31st 2009, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry...just an innocent abroad hoping to encounter some friendly, helpful advice. I was under the impression forums such as this might provide this but it appears I have entered into some kind of dark and dangerous minefield..time to exit I think. Thank you for taking the time to post the link, it is very useful and exactly what I was looking for.
Old Mar 31st 2009, 6:33 pm
Banned

eylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to all

Safe! Can't move for soldiers with big guns, protecting all the compounds, oil companies and government buildings.

I was at one oily when we heard loud gunfire and dived for cover, the soldier had nodded off with his finger on the trigger.

The bad boys are busy in Afghanistan for now.

Saudi should be ok as rumoured to have paid their "tax".

I've been out here for 25 years now, live Bahrain and work Saudi now, and never seen it more secure and relaxed. Shit, the traffic police even stop and assist now!

There is a lot more petty crime, particularly involving teen locals some of whom think nothing of grabbing the odd mobile phone and legging it! I put it down to boredom.

Shoot me if I'm wrong.

Where are you heading?
Old Mar 31st 2009, 6:57 pm
If I have to explain...

Sorry...just an innocent abroad hoping to encounter some friendly, helpful advice. I was under the impression forums such as this might provide this but it appears I have entered into some kind of dark and dangerous minefield..time to exit I think. Thank you for taking the time to post the link, it is very useful and exactly what I was looking for.

Hope it all goes well for you. Where you headed and where you from?
Old Mar 31st 2009, 7:00 pm
Banned

eylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to alleylesda is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Roadking

Hope it all goes well for you. Where you headed and where you from?
Too late now, you've pissed him off!
Old Mar 31st 2009, 7:02 pm
If I have to explain...

Originally Posted by eylesda
Aah well, another one bites the dust. Noobies...what to do?
Old Apr 1st 2009, 3:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Before the Noobie Troopers storm in, check out the Deans Wiki at http://britishexpats.com/wiki/The_Ul..._to_Saudi_Life

And do some homework first before posting things that will leave you open to ridicule.
I've been meaning to update that, but now I'm in Bahrain I feel a bit of a fraud doing so.............
Old Apr 1st 2009, 3:24 pm
Just Joined

welshmum is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been meaning to update that, but now I'm in Bahrain I feel a bit of a fraud doing so.............

Hello all, I was really grateful to the help on my questions last week and if we do end up there and The Dean does'nt mind I will write up our experiences etc.. and then hopefully as RoadKing says the newbies might read and take on board before posting. But having said that we are still in negotiations and you guys know all about how quick things happen not! Will let you know and probably request advice etc.. before writing an epistle but I am sure it will be difficultto make it as good as The Dean's.
Old Apr 1st 2009, 3:54 pm
If I have to explain...

Originally Posted by welshmum

Hello all, I was really grateful to the help on my questions last week and if we do end up there and The Dean does'nt mind I will write up our experiences etc.. and then hopefully as RoadKing says the newbies might read and take on board before posting. But having said that we are still in negotiations and you guys know all about how quick things happen not! Will let you know and probably request advice etc.. before writing an epistle but I am sure it will be difficultto make it as good as The Dean's.
Oooh, good suck up. You go straight to the top of the class...even though you are Welsh!
Old Apr 1st 2009, 4:24 pm
Just Joined

welshmum is an unknown quantity at this point

Oooh, good suck up. You go straight to the top of the class...even though you are Welsh!
Hey Roadking, Land of my Father's etc..my name is a bit of a giveaway really is'nt it. Diolch yn fawr for puting me at the top of the class. I am not so sure if the report on Saudi will get your top marks but if it does work out it might just help us newbies ! Nos Da
Old Apr 1st 2009, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by eylesda
Actually...it's not him, it's her...and I'm not pissed off

Grateful for the info...my husband was approached about a possibility in Saudi...not sure where yet and still very early days with an agency. This will help to decide whether to proceed or not...thinking possibly not. Thanks again.
Old Apr 1st 2009, 6:53 pm
If I have to explain...

Actually...it's not him, it's her...and I'm not pissed off

Grateful for the info...my husband was approached about a possibility in Saudi...not sure where yet and still very early days with an agency. This will help to decide whether to proceed or not...thinking possibly not. Thanks again.
Shit, ya don't wanna make any judgements based on what you read on here. That's just deluded!!!