Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Saudi Business visa for Canadian citizen

Saudi Business visa for Canadian citizen

Old Nov 18th 2011, 3:27 pm
Just Joined

SamyBesbes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Saudi Business visa for Canadian citizen

I’m Canadian citizen (I also hold a Tunisian passport) ; I was offered a position in corporate finance at one of the Big 4 in Riyadh. My starting day was November 1, 2011.

After rounds of negotiation, I finally accepted the offer and I am now applying for a business visa. I’m socked to hear that visa processing time for Canadian passports holder is 34 to 45 business days and the application must be submited by an agent.

I would like to know, if my new employer (who is a bit nervous regarding this situation) can cancel the offer. Also, what the hell happened between Canada and KSA?

Thank you for your assistance.
Old Nov 19th 2011, 2:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Saudi Business visa for Canadian citizen

Originally Posted by SamyBesbes
I’m Canadian citizen (I also hold a Tunisian passport) ; I was offered a position in corporate finance at one of the Big 4 in Riyadh. My starting day was November 1, 2011.

After rounds of negotiation, I finally accepted the offer and I am now applying for a business visa. I’m socked to hear that visa processing time for Canadian passports holder is 34 to 45 business days and the application must be submited by an agent.

I would like to know, if my new employer (who is a bit nervous regarding this situation) can cancel the offer. Also, what the hell happened between Canada and KSA?

Thank you for your assistance.
45 business days (i.e. 2 months) is not abnormal even for British passport holders. Your employer knows this.
Old Nov 19th 2011, 8:12 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

can they not get you over on a visit visa?
Old Nov 19th 2011, 11:37 am
Just Joined

The new processing period for any type of Saudi visa is 34 to 45 business day, including the visit visa.
Old Nov 19th 2011, 2:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Desert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really niceDesert Shaikh is just really nice

45 days, damn

It took me 2 days to get mine, that was back in 2009.
Old Nov 19th 2011, 2:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SamyBesbes
The new processing period for any type of Saudi visa is 34 to 45 business day, including the visit visa.
I'm not sure that is true. That may be the stated time, but I've had 3 Saudi visit visas in as many years (last one 6 months ago) and they have never taken more than a few days to get. Thankfully, I've yet to have to use any of them.

That said, my friend has recently waited just over 3 months (inc. Ramadan) for the first work one so he could go.

Be nice to your company's P.R.O
Old Nov 19th 2011, 2:42 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Desert Shaikh
45 days, damn

It took me 2 days to get mine, that was back in 2009.
Starting September 1, 2011 the processing time for visas is between 30 to 45 days.
Also, the P.R.O should've advised me about this new regulation and recommended to apply with my Tunisian passport....I guess I should remain positive and take it easy....
Old Nov 19th 2011, 3:05 pm
Off Topic

northbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nicenorthbadawi is just really nice

The reason is simple - "interference of concerned authorities to help suffering Saudis":
http://arabnews.com/saudiarabia/article471398.ece