Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Saudi Arabia / Bahrain

Saudi Arabia / Bahrain

Old Jan 18th 2024, 2:24 pm
Just Joined

Ry_an is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Saudi Arabia / Bahrain

Hi. Sorry if this has been covered a hundred times, there may be newer information available from what I’ve already read?

My wife is expecting a job offer in Saudi in the very near future, this will be a relocation from her current employer. She plans on living in Bahrain and travelling through to Dammam each day.

Can anyone help with my own personal circumstances - I would be going as her family so I assume on a family visa? Would this prevent me from obtaining work in Saudi? If so, if we’re living in Bahrain, could I find sponsorship and employment there? Would this be easier if we are already living there?

Onto the other issues - how would we obtain car finance, open bank accounts etc?

Many thanks in advance for any help offered here.
Old Mar 7th 2024, 1:33 am
Just Joined

Dominique106 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Saudi Arabia / Bahrain

Originally Posted by Ry_an
Hi. Sorry if this has been covered a hundred times, there may be newer information available from what I’ve already read?

My wife is expecting a job offer in Saudi in the very near future, this will be a relocation from her current employer. She plans on living in Bahrain and travelling through to Dammam each day.

Can anyone help with my own personal circumstances - I would be going as her family so I assume on a family visa? Would this prevent me from obtaining work in Saudi? If so, if we’re living in Bahrain, could I find sponsorship and employment there? Would this be easier if we are already living there?

Onto the other issues - how would we obtain car finance, open bank accounts etc?

I am in the same boat currently. Offer in Dammam however keen to live in Bahrain with my family. Visa wise how would you be permitted to live in Bahrain if you only have a Iqama? Thanks!
Old Apr 16th 2024, 12:44 pm
Just Joined

Sandancer316 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ry_an

You need to make sure that your wife's company will allow her to sponsor you. If this is OK then you can live in Bahrain as an Iqama holder.

Car finance can be arranged from a Saudi bank as this is where i assume your wife's salary will be paid, also bank accounts have to be opened in Saudi as its Labor Law that all salaries are paid by bank transfer. If you have a bank account in Saudi then you can use ATM's and credit cards etc in Bahrain.

If you find a job in Bahrain then your employer will need to sponsor you in Bahrain, you cannot work in Bahrain if you only have a Saudi Iqama
Old Apr 16th 2024, 1:48 pm
Just Joined

clownshow is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sandancer316
You need to make sure that your wife's company will allow her to sponsor you. If this is OK then you can live in Bahrain as an Iqama holder.

Car finance can be arranged from a Saudi bank as this is where i assume your wife's salary will be paid, also bank accounts have to be opened in Saudi as its Labor Law that all salaries are paid by bank transfer. If you have a bank account in Saudi then you can use ATM's and credit cards etc in Bahrain.

If you find a job in Bahrain then your employer will need to sponsor you in Bahrain, you cannot work in Bahrain if you only have a Saudi Iqama
If you wish to work in Saudi and live in Bahrain under your wife's residency permit, you will need to secure a job in Saudi and it does not make any difference that you are living in Bahrain. You will undergo the same process as if you were applying from the UK; medical, police background screening, degree attestation etc etc. You cannot work in Saudi without the relevant visa.