Reload this Page >

Salwa Garden Village

Salwa Garden Village

Old May 8th 2013, 7:20 pm
Just Joined

Greeny32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Salwa Garden Village

Hi All

My husband and I are moving out to Saudi in September and we've been told we're going to be living in salwa garden village. I've seen loads of pictures of the compound and it looks fab. I just have a few questions and would be really grateful for someone who can help me. 1. How big are the gardens? 2. How far is it from town? Finally and most importantly is there any where locally I can horse ride.

Look forward to any responses x
Old May 8th 2013, 7:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Salwa Garden Village

Riyadh's Ascot is over the road from Salwa. Equestrian Centre called Janradiyah.

There's also horse riding and horses at Arizona compound. Plus there's a few princes with Equestrian facilities - a few expats I've met have worked in this field.

Salwa is nice. Bit out in the sticks. Very secure.
Old May 11th 2013, 6:16 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: Salwa Garden Village

Wow sounds like there's loads of places to ride close to the compound. That's excellent news! Thank you for letting me know.
Old May 11th 2013, 6:32 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

my pleasure

good luck with the move
Old Oct 10th 2013, 5:59 pm
Just Joined

anya36 is an unknown quantity at this point

My husband wants to move our family out to Salwa village, can you tell me what it is like living there please
Old Oct 10th 2013, 9:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

The gardens are ok, not huge, but enough to get in a good size outdoor table, BBQ , sun loungers etc. depending on how creative you are, you can them looking really nice, and the garden space is pretty much yours to do what you with. Even open up your own bar, as some have already done.

It's around 28kms from the nearest biggest shopping centre- Granada. So, as saudiflares has mentioned, it is a bit out in the sticks, but has everything you might possibly need.
Old Oct 11th 2013, 4:42 am
Just Joined

We are now out in salwa and have been here for 3 weeks and it's nice. Everyone is really friendly and helpful, it's extremely safe for the kids to go out and play all hours and the houses are very pratical. True the gardens. Yes, the compound is out in the sticks, but we're v.close to the airport & the compound is extremely secure. The saudi's are a strange race of people! They have soooo much money, but they don't care about anything. There's rubbish everywhere and unfinished buildings just left. It not somewhere I would choose to live, but it's been a real experience so far.