Reload this Page >

Salary Offer in Doha, Qatar

Salary Offer in Doha, Qatar

Old Sep 7th 2009, 10:30 pm
Forum Regular

MovingToMidEast is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Salary Offer in Doha, Qatar

Hello All:

I have just been offered a salary in Doha, Qatar for QR15,000 a month. Just wondering if that is a good or poor salary. What salary expectations should I have as an expat in Doha, Qatar.

Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 8th 2009, 4:22 am
Forum Regular

twinmum has a brilliant futuretwinmum has a brilliant futuretwinmum has a brilliant futuretwinmum has a brilliant futuretwinmum has a brilliant futuretwinmum has a brilliant future
Default Re: Salary Offer in Doha, Qatar

A lot of that will depend on any accomodation or car allowance, what kind of hours you'll be working, leave allowance/flights home etc etc? More info would be helpful.
Old Sep 8th 2009, 4:41 am
Forum Regular

Hi - The total package is QR 21,000 monthly

Thanks!
Old Sep 8th 2009, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

Danajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really nice

I'd need to know what kind of job you're doing and how many years experience you have - but on first impressions - it's on the low side. 6-9 months ago - you would have found it very hard to live on that wage - 1 bed apartments were going for 12-14KQAR/month in a decent area, but now prices have dropped considerably.

Check out the Qatar Living forum that has all the info you need on salaries and cost of living.

www.qatarliving.com
Old Sep 8th 2009, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

twinmum has a brilliant futuretwinmum has a brilliant futuretwinmum has a brilliant futuretwinmum has a brilliant futuretwinmum has a brilliant futuretwinmum has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Danajj
I'd need to know what kind of job you're doing and how many years experience you have - but on first impressions - it's on the low side. 6-9 months ago - you would have found it very hard to live on that wage - 1 bed apartments were going for 12-14KQAR/month in a decent area, but now prices have dropped considerably.

Check out the Qatar Living forum that has all the info you need on salaries and cost of living.

www.qatarliving.com
I agree. Costs have come down but it is still a pricey place to live if you are covering rent yourself. I would say it would be hard to save much and live comfortably.
Old Sep 8th 2009, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

hey - i have 6 years of experience in Audit, which is what the position is for.
Old Sep 8th 2009, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

Danajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really niceDanajj is just really nice

Well - as a rule of thumb for you, I know the mid level auditors at my previous bank were being paid between 25-35kQAR/month around 12 months ago (dependent on nationality) - but of course all staff were paid more due to the high cost of accommodation in Doha at the beginning of the year - the allowance has now decreased for a lot of companies due to a lot more accommodation available.
Old Sep 8th 2009, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

thanks for the tip! that helps!
Old Sep 9th 2009, 10:25 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

21k a month, including all the allowances doesn't sound like much - i doubt you'd be able to save much.
Old Sep 10th 2009, 2:29 pm
Account Closed

captaincaveman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Rule of thumb

Rule of thumb - ordinary person

Take your home salary gross wage

Add 50%

This should be your take home pay as a mid east expat

Anything else - they got you cheap
Old Sep 10th 2009, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Rule of thumb

Originally Posted by captaincaveman
Rule of thumb - ordinary person

Take your home salary gross wage

Add 50%

This should be your take home pay as a mid east expat

Anything else - they got you cheap

Hi - do you mean your home salary gross wage in Qatar (or in the UK)?
Old Sep 10th 2009, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

Qataruser is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Rule of thumb

Originally Posted by MovingToMidEast
Hi - do you mean your home salary gross wage in Qatar (or in the UK)?
Far too low.

Even WITH falling rents groceries, buying a car, going out and trying to live a life will leave you with VERY LITTLE of that wage left.

Depends what your nationality is though, sadly the racist policies in the country mean that if you are Indian 21K would be seen as the VERY TOP end of the scale
Old Sep 10th 2009, 11:58 pm
Forum Regular

Look up Charterhouse recruitment website - they have downloads of all the wages in the GCC over the last few years. As stated previously - you can live on 21kQAR - and you'll save a bit - but it is low considering your 6 years experience. The 50% more than home salary for 90% of expats is bollocks - there's a lot of expats out here lately that are on the same salary as they were back in the UK - with the lure that they have that extra 'tax' money to themselves not realizing they'll pay more trying to get somewhere to live. Negotiate, and ask for at least 30k in my opinion.
Old Sep 11th 2009, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

markhighpeak is an unknown quantity at this point

I was recently offered a job in Qatar with a monthly salary of 35K per month, and I refused it point blank. At the end of the day, it all depends on what your expectations are
Old Sep 11th 2009, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by markhighpeak
I was recently offered a job in Qatar with a monthly salary of 35K per month, and I refused it point blank. At the end of the day, it all depends on what your expectations are
Hi MarkHighPeak: If you dont mind me asking what job and level was that position for so I can get an idea if it relates to my field or not (so i can see how unreasonable or not my job offer is).

Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.