Reload this Page >

Salary in Doha; Qatari government organization

Salary in Doha; Qatari government organization

Old Mar 1st 2013, 10:13 am
Just Joined

deek79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Salary in Doha; Qatari government organization

Guys,

Been approached to join a qatari government organization and currently working in doha for a large multinational construction organization.

Disregarding the NOC chat wish obviously i need to try and resolve what salary should I reasonably ask for:

Currently on 40,000 QAR month (all in)

I have no idea what rough salary brackets these Qatari companies are offering I.e QIA, QD, lusail etc senior project manager position

Been advised to ask for 50,000-55,000qar........
Old Mar 1st 2013, 10:42 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Salary in Doha; Qatari government organization

plus housing, medical, flights, schooling
Old Mar 1st 2013, 10:50 am
Just Joined

Medical, flights separate but I don't know if 50-55k should be all-in including housing.....or 50-55k with housing to be added on dont know if that's too much.....

Don't want to obviously under-sell myself but at same time don't want to price myself out of any possible move - I guess aim high and if it's way too much they'll tell me!
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 4:37 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by deek79
Medical, flights separate but I don't know if 50-55k should be all-in including housing.....or 50-55k with housing to be added on dont know if that's too much.....

Don't want to obviously under-sell myself but at same time don't want to price myself out of any possible move - I guess aim high and if it's way too much they'll tell me!
That will be all in.

You're on 40k now, all in?

You think you might ask for 55k + housing? So, 70k? Do you think that's sensible?
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 8:15 am
Just Joined

Again I don't know......heard different stories off people being on a lot at these organizations .....just to explain they obviously don't know what my current salary is......but yes I think your right that the likelihood is the max I could expect is 55k all in......but im keen to hear peoples opinions most organizations here you aim high and they like to bring you down a bit ....
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 8:18 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

Again I don't know......heard different stories off people being on a lot at these organizations .....just to explain they obviously don't know what my current salary is......but yes I think your right that the likelihood is the max I could expect is 55k all in......but im keen to hear peoples opinions most organizations here you aim high and they like to bring you down a bit ....
55k all in will do you fine.

Even with school fees and housing, honestly I don't know where some of the posters get their figures from.
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 8:19 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't leave a large multi national to work for the government mate, not worth the grief. Is your current role secure?
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 8:23 am
Just Joined

Its just difficult cause I've heard these oraganisations unlike some multinational expat type companies go above bands and well.......offer a lot more attractive salaries .....don't get me wrong being on 40k a month and getting 55k a month perfect! But if these guys are paying 60-65k ........that's why I opened this up to see if anyone had any idea of those type of companies policies in relation to rough pay packages/brackets
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 8:26 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Scamp is your man ref Salaries.
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 8:38 am
Just Joined

Balancing act. My current role is secure and I know the difficulties with Qatari organizations so it a weighing up exercise offsetting the salary increase with the potential issues.....
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 8:48 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Balancing act. My current role is secure and I know the difficulties with Qatari organizations so it a weighing up exercise offsetting the salary increase with the potential issues.....
If your looking for short term gain and you can pull the pin at anytime then jump over .

I would have thought the pain threshold would be immense in an organization such as that here .

Cronyism , nepotism and incompetence will be rife throughout the ranks , obviously a lot of that is par for the course out here but Qatari's are world leaders on the above disciplines .
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 8:53 am
Just Joined

Yeah there are obviously issues!!! Cronyism - yes, incompetence - yes!

I just wish I knew (had a rough idea) what salary bracket to ask for to making these things worth accepting!
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 8:55 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Surely that is your recruitment advisors job - to ascertain what the role is paying?
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 8:57 am
Just Joined

Sorry if I didn't explain they've approached me and asked me what I'd expect/want.......this is why is a difficult one....aim too low undersell myself aim too high they say no thanks.....
Old Mar 2nd 2013, 8:58 am
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Go for 50-60 and add housing in addition. If you have to negotiate a bit down, don't worry too much.

Shoot for the stars and accept the moon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.