Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Sahm // Fax Machine Problems

Sahm // Fax Machine Problems

Old Apr 16th 2005, 9:47 am
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sahm // Fax Machine Problems

So i finally got a phone line and fax machine in my apartment as it allows me to work 24 hours a day more easily.

Problem is...my fax machine doesn't work correctly in my apartment. When somebody tries to send me a fax, the fax machine doesn't 'ring' at all, so it doesn't 'auto-answer' after 3 rings. If I know exactly when a fax is coming then i can lift the handset and press 'start' and receive the fax, but that means if I am not there it won't receive anything, and won't receive anything unless I know its coming.

I know it isn't the fax machine as i took it to my office and it worked fine.

Does anybody who lives in the villas or marina that has Sahm have a fax machine that works? If so, can you tell me what plan you have for phone (package) and how many extensions. Also what brand fax machine, this thing is panasonic, but if some other brand would work i'd have no problem returning it and getting something else.

I really have no clue about this, i'm wondering if its because i have 2 extensions or something, or if there is some 'distinctive ring' for my package that the fax doesn't recognize.

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 16th 2005, 9:59 am
The Delivery Man...

Nabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud of
Default Re: Sahm // Fax Machine Problems

Originally Posted by TA5
So i finally got a phone line and fax machine in my apartment as it allows me to work 24 hours a day more easily.

Problem is...my fax machine doesn't work correctly in my apartment. When somebody tries to send me a fax, the fax machine doesn't 'ring' at all, so it doesn't 'auto-answer' after 3 rings. If I know exactly when a fax is coming then i can lift the handset and press 'start' and receive the fax, but that means if I am not there it won't receive anything, and won't receive anything unless I know its coming.

Does anybody who lives in the villas or marina that has Sahm have a fax machine that works? If so, can you tell me what plan you have for phone (package) and how many extensions. Also what brand fax machine, this thing is panasonic, but if some other brand would work i'd have no problem returning it and getting something else.

I really have no clue about this, i'm wondering if its because i have 2 extensions or something, or if there is some 'distinctive ring' for my package that the fax doesn't recognize.

Thanks in advance.
Did u try callig them to check this out?
Old Apr 16th 2005, 10:03 am
The Delivery Man...

Nabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud ofNabs has much to be proud of

try calling 800-4978 they should be able to transfer the issue to Sahm Tech
Old Apr 16th 2005, 10:08 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by TA5

Thanks in advance.

Is there no toll free Sahm help line, like Etisalat has?

Found some #'s for ya:

Head Office: 367-3800

Customer helpline: 390-5555

Customer sales: 399-3106

or send them an e-mail from the following page:
http://www.sahm.ae/contact_us.html
Old Apr 16th 2005, 10:56 am
The Delivery Man...

Originally Posted by Face81
Is there no toll free Sahm help line, like Etisalat has?

Found some #'s for ya:

Head Office: 367-3800

Customer helpline: 390-5555

Customer sales: 399-3106

or send them an e-mail from the following page:
http://www.sahm.ae/contact_us.html
I already posted the toll free number

They work from 8am till 8 pm
Old Apr 16th 2005, 11:03 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Nabs
I already posted the toll free number

They work from 8am till 8 pm
show off!
Old Apr 16th 2005, 11:05 am
The Delivery Man...

show off!

Old Apr 16th 2005, 11:07 am
The Oracle

well lets hope he appreciates our help.
Old Apr 16th 2005, 11:07 am
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute

yes, i have called them, as usual they seem to be clueless, although they will send a tech rep in 'a few days', usually that means 1 to 2 weeks for them

was wondering if anybody using sahm has had any similar issues.

tom
Old Apr 16th 2005, 11:09 am
The Oracle

Originally Posted by TA5
yes, i have called them, as usual they seem to be clueless, although they will send a tech rep in 'a few days', usually that means 1 to 2 weeks for them

tom
why dont u just take the fax machine over to their offices? its just on the other side of SZR and it would save u time.

Old Apr 16th 2005, 11:09 am
The Delivery Man...

Originally Posted by TA5

tom
where U given reference number or something? I have a friend who works there, I can ask him to help
Old Apr 16th 2005, 11:10 am
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

where U given reference number or something? I have a friend who works there, I can ask him to help
yes its complain no. 36000
Old Apr 16th 2005, 11:13 am
The Oracle

Originally Posted by TA5
36000?????!!!!!!!!

I hope thats not an indicator of the # of complaints they have recieved since their inception.
The Delivery Man...

Originally Posted by TA5
its saturday and my friend is off today, I'll get back to u on this by tomorrow morning
The Delivery Man...

36000?????!!!!!!!!

I hope thats not an indicator of the # of complaints they have recieved since their inception.
I hope not

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.