Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

SAHER traffic system - Saudi

SAHER traffic system - Saudi

Old Aug 2nd 2010, 4:21 am
Forum Regular

thecentennial is on a distinguished road
Default SAHER traffic system - Saudi

Well I just got a nice surprise when I checked my traffic violations - 900 SAR fine

No information about when it was, what it was for.

Any other country I would challenge this - but here in the magic Kingdom, just pay it and get on with your day

Anyone else been fined?
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 5:32 am
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SAHER traffic system - Saudi

Not yet but i am waiting maybe i might be as unlucky as you. ha ha
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

thecentennial is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by coffindodger
Not yet but i am waiting maybe i might be as unlucky as you. ha ha
...and here's an update:

Date of violation: 16th July 2010

I was on Bondi beach at this time.

Methinks I may have been a bit hasty in paying the fine...me also thinks my chances of a refund are minimal...

Ah, the joys of Saudi.
Old Aug 2nd 2010, 7:38 am
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thecentennial
...and here's an update:

Date of violation: 16th July 2010

I was on Bondi beach at this time.

Methinks I may have been a bit hasty in paying the fine...me also thinks my chances of a refund are minimal...

Ah, the joys of Saudi.
Bondi Beach i was watching that on tv last night the Lifeguards.
All good stuff.
Yes the joys of saudi!!!
Old Jan 18th 2011, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

emt14 is an unknown quantity at this point

Bl**dy pi***d off at that st*pid cr*ppy system.
Been fined 3 times in 3 weeks and I only saw a flash once. No information as where I might have been speeding and what speed I was doing. Half the roads have got no clear speed signs.
Anyone knows what the location of those speed cameras might be as I feel there are a few hidden at some very dubious places!

I bet the SAHER, a private company will be making a f***ing fortune in the 'name' of public safety. What about teaching people how to drive instead? na, wouldn't be as lucrative.

I was told when I arrived: "you come to saudi with a bucket of cash and a bucket of shit in each hand". Well the bucket of shit is getting heavier by the day and the one of cash lighter...
Old Jan 18th 2011, 12:57 pm
Just Joined

humann is an unknown quantity at this point

hi

you should try not exceed the speed limit as they using small white vans that have a Saher camera, they changing the location daily

good luck
Old Jan 18th 2011, 4:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Not been done yet, but then I don't use the main RIng Road going to / from work, and only tend to go there at weekends, so make sure I stick within the Speed Limit. Don't know for sure where the camera's are, I know there is one on the Dammam Road, heading into RIyadh a few km's before you reach Exit 8 ( Sabic ) and then another somewhere near Exit 2.

SAHER apparently was rumoured to have dished out 20M SR in fines in the first 20 days. Something needs to be done to calm the idiots out there on the roads. Just need now to come with a fine system for "Dangerous Driving", and that would effect around 90% of the road users......
Old Jan 18th 2011, 7:31 pm
Just Joined

tuga_2009 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by humann
hi

you should try not exceed the speed limit as they using small white vans that have a Saher camera, they changing the location daily

good luck
Hi
If in Jeddah you will find a few on Malek Road, and they're using vans, of any model or color, SUV'S, regular cars, so basically not that easy to recognize!

When in doubt drive under 80, most of the roads here that have a good enough pavement for speeding a little bit more are 80...another good helper is to learn the numbers in arabic!
Old Jan 19th 2011, 3:54 am
Forum Regular

emt14 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm in Riyadh and usually try to drive under 80 unless I know for sure. My problem is that I am convinced that there is an area which must be limited under 80 and where I got caught a couple of times without knowing the actual speed limitation. not having any information makes it very frustrating as I can't adapt my speed and got no idea what the actual infraction is...
Old Jan 19th 2011, 4:12 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tuga_2009
Hi
If in Jeddah you will find a few on Malek Road, and they're using vans, of any model or color, SUV'S, regular cars, so basically not that easy to recognize!

When in doubt drive under 80, most of the roads here that have a good enough pavement for speeding a little bit more are 80...another good helper is to learn the numbers in arabic!
I got done on the Malek Rd within days of arriving in Jeddah ( travelling north from Hera St to the GLobe Roundabout ). POlice car waved me over when I got the roundabout and said I'd been speeding, but think I got off lightly with a 150 sr fine....
Old Jan 19th 2011, 10:06 am
Just Joined

humann is an unknown quantity at this point

oh bear in mind that second stage of Saher is traffic light which once you come across the foot path you'll be caught by Saher camera as some of them have been opertated in riyadh.

Old Jan 19th 2011, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

NaimTakieddin will become famous soon enoughNaimTakieddin will become famous soon enough

900 is too much, this is not a fine it is a legal sort of blackmailing .. even if you were about to take off in your car ...it is still too much for traffic violence in the first world arab world!!!
Old Jan 20th 2011, 5:55 am
Forum Regular

knickerdropofglory is an unknown quantity at this point

There are a number of fixed location camera's and several vans and 4 wheel drives, I got busted twice in 3 minutes once outside AL Romaison (white 4x4) and then then round the corner heading to Salwa (white Van) If you under 25k plus Speed limit its 300 SAR if your over 25k plus speed limit its 500 SAR.

800 SAR for 3 min of driving...

Guess I either slow down or buy a road angel
Old Feb 10th 2011, 12:32 pm
Just Joined

Kiqzz is an unknown quantity at this point

This system proved to public how unprofessional it is! i heard it gives some random fines to people, and also heard the government check it and stopped it for a while then reoperated it again!

i dont think this is a fair SAHER!
Old Feb 10th 2011, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well, after proudly boasting I hadn't been done in Riyadh, I got two tickets in two days, last Thursday and then Saturday.

1 - Driving at 85 in 70 zone ( Olaya St North bound )
2 - Driving 52 in a 40 zone. ( Don't know where )

2 x 300 SR.

Apparently the system checks the number plates to see if the car belongs to any Saudi royal first. If so, the tickets gets discarded. Us normal plebs get the tickets.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.