British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Safa Park..after hours (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/safa-park-after-hours-593613/)

ssuh Feb 24th 2009 5:54 am

Safa Park..after hours

Me and a few of the lads want to head down to Safa Park after work on Wednesday evening for a kick around.

Does anybody know if they have floodlights there in the general park area?

Trying to get an answer from Safa Park to, what I thought was, a simple question has been a nightmare :curse:

Spugsy Feb 24th 2009 6:08 am

Re: Safa Park..after hours

Originally Posted by ssuh (Post 7316735)
Me and a few of the lads want to head down to Safa Park after work on Wednesday evening for a kick around.

Does anybody know if they have floodlights there in the general park area?

Trying to get an answer from Safa Park to, what I thought was, a simple question has been a nightmare :curse:

I think there's a few little places, one of the lads on here does rugby training and they have lights down that way, if you go into gate 1 and turn right and head towards the basketball court, I think there's some down there mate.

ssuh Feb 24th 2009 6:12 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7316770)
I think there's a few little places, one of the lads on here does rugby training and they have lights down that way, if you go into gate 1 and turn right and head towards the basketball court, I think there's some down there mate.

Cheers Spugsy....

Spugsy Feb 24th 2009 8:27 am

Originally Posted by ssuh (Post 7316778)
Cheers Spugsy....

Me and a load of ex pats play footy every friday at 2pm, a few lads from here come along as well, turn up, boots on, jumpers for goalposts - its bloody great,

you're welcome to come along if you fancy mate.

ssuh Feb 24th 2009 8:48 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7317053)
Me and a load of ex pats play footy every friday at 2pm, a few lads from here come along as well, turn up, boots on, jumpers for goalposts - its bloody great,

you're welcome to come along if you fancy mate.

There's about 6 of us! I'm the 'ol man so my role is more one of team coach (i.e. sitting on the grass sleeping...):D

I'll speak to the boys and if they are up for it I'll pm you for exact whereabouts ....it's a BIG park as I only discovered last week parking at the wrong gate!

:thumbsup:

Spugsy Feb 24th 2009 9:16 am

Originally Posted by ssuh (Post 7317098)
There's about 6 of us! I'm the 'ol man so my role is more one of team coach (i.e. sitting on the grass sleeping...):D

I'll speak to the boys and if they are up for it I'll pm you for exact whereabouts ....it's a BIG park as I only discovered last week parking at the wrong gate!

:thumbsup:

aye it's great, it's my favourite place in Dubai.

How old are 'the lads' then?

ssuh Feb 24th 2009 9:38 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 7317185)
aye it's great, it's my favourite place in Dubai.

How old are 'the lads' then?

They range from late teens through the twenties right up to me at .....er hmm... the rough side of 40 :D