Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Sabb and Revolut do not like each other

Sabb and Revolut do not like each other

Old Jul 7th 2022, 10:31 am
Just Joined

artificial intelligence is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sabb and Revolut do not like each other

I've just setup Revolut and want to add Riyals to my account but struggling to get my head round it as I cannot just add my SABB card so guess I have to transfer from SABB.

Whereabouts in the app does it give the details required to add Revolut as a beneficiary? SABB app has it listed as a UK bank but I cannot find my details within Revolut app itself i.e. IBAN etc.

Thanks
Old Jul 7th 2022, 12:17 pm
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by artificial intelligence
I've just setup Revolut and want to add Riyals to my account but struggling to get my head round it as I cannot just add my SABB card so guess I have to transfer from SABB.

Whereabouts in the app does it give the details required to add Revolut as a beneficiary? SABB app has it listed as a UK bank but I cannot find my details within Revolut app itself i.e. IBAN etc.

Thanks
In Revolut, tap on your balance to select the currency account you want the details for, then tap on the three dots "...", then tap on "Account details" then tap on SWIFT.
Old Jul 19th 2022, 2:14 pm
Just Joined

Thanks - I signed up to the Premium account to use it across Asia over summer and found the IBAN. Tried 2 identical transfers this afternoon from my SABB to a UK Current Account and my Revolut account, will be interesting to see the if there is much difference and how good the rates will be when using it in Korea as I'm finding KRW a real pain with SABB and my UK accounts...
Old Jul 21st 2022, 8:49 am
Just Joined

So I sent 1000 SAR across on Tuesday via my SABB Premier app to my UK Barclays account and my Premium Revolut account (both GBP) to compare the rates.

£215 was received into my Barclays within 12 hours
£201 was received into my Revolut after 48 hours

After forking out 72 quid for a one year premium account I can't say I'm impressed.

Next month I will be using it in the far east and will try a similar comparison with purchases on my SABB, Barclays and Revolut card if anyone is interested to know how they compare I will post.
Old Jul 21st 2022, 7:11 pm
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute

Your problem is that the currency conversion to GBP is being done by SABB, at an incredibly poor rate of exchange. Typically SABB skim 2.5-3% off of you money transfer, in addition to any transaction fees.
You need to send USD from SABB to a Revolut USD currency account then do the currency conversion to GBP within Revolut, then send the GBP to your UK bank.
Hope this makes sense.
Old Jul 24th 2022, 4:50 am
Just Joined

Hi - yes that does make sense, but my Revolut account is in GBP and so I can only send across SAR / GBP from my SABB account. Do you have any guidance how to send USD across from SABB? I've added a USD within Revolut but it does not change my SWIFT details so I cannot add it as a USD account within SABB...

Thanks!
Old Jul 26th 2022, 7:46 am
Just Joined

Hejeksnd12 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by artificial intelligence
Hi - yes that does make sense, but my Revolut account is in GBP and so I can only send across SAR / GBP from my SABB account. Do you have any guidance how to send USD across from SABB? I've added a USD within Revolut but it does not change my SWIFT details so I cannot add it as a USD account within SABB...

Thanks!

have you tried to do a manual transfer in branch? You may be able to select USD as current even through the swift has the prefix GB.