Reload this Page >

Running and cycling in Riyadh

Running and cycling in Riyadh

Old Jan 6th 2011, 1:20 pm
Just Joined

Wimbledon_guy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Running and cycling in Riyadh

Hi all

was looking up details on running and cycli g clubs in Riyadh but it seems that Ruyadh wheelers are race only, i.e. No club runs. And the site of the Riyadh road runners hasn't been updated for a while, though they may just be behind with responding to messages. Also hash clubs seem to come and go, e.g. The megamob site doesn't seem to work.

Can anyone direct me to clubs/individuals actually operating at the moment? I'd be especially interested in knowing of any other cyclists out there.

Thanks in advance
Old Jan 7th 2011, 12:39 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Running and cycling in Riyadh

Originally Posted by Wimbledon_guy
Hi all

was looking up details on running and cycli g clubs in Riyadh but it seems that Ruyadh wheelers are race only, i.e. No club runs. And the site of the Riyadh road runners hasn't been updated for a while, though they may just be behind with responding to messages. Also hash clubs seem to come and go, e.g. The megamob site doesn't seem to work.

Can anyone direct me to clubs/individuals actually operating at the moment? I'd be especially interested in knowing of any other cyclists out there.

Thanks in advance
I was going to suggest Riyadh Wheelers when I saw the thread title, know one or two chaps who part of it and very keen cyclists. Will ask around when I'm back in KSA ( Sunday ) and get back to you.
Old Jan 7th 2011, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

highlander393 is a name known to allhighlander393 is a name known to allhighlander393 is a name known to allhighlander393 is a name known to allhighlander393 is a name known to allhighlander393 is a name known to allhighlander393 is a name known to allhighlander393 is a name known to allhighlander393 is a name known to allhighlander393 is a name known to allhighlander393 is a name known to all

try the sulaimaniya HHH seehttp://gotothehash.net/

not sure that I would want to cycle in Riyadh!
Old Jan 7th 2011, 6:20 pm
Just Joined

thanks all. Look forward to future replies
Old Jan 8th 2011, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

irich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really nice

Sulemaniah Hash meet every Thursday, Riyadh Third Herd Hash meet every Friday.

AFAIK Roadrunners are active and out every Friday morning. There are a couple of informal mountain bike groups do a circuit of the DQ every friday morning.

Are you in Riyadh at the moment?
Old Jan 8th 2011, 10:29 am
Just Joined

Not yet. Visa being sorted and I'm told early February :-))

thanks for the tips. If you run with them would be good to make contact once I'm in The Kingdom.