Rugby 7's

Old Nov 26th 2013, 10:45 am
Just Joined

Evilmunki is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Rugby 7's

Hi all, been in Dubai for a couple of weeks now, about to have my first experience of the rugby 7's this weekend - just wanting to find out is it best to stay on-site during and afterwards or is there anywhere else in Dubai that's doing anything specifically for it?

Cynical answers from long term expats who have been away from the UK for too long will be ignored

Ta.
Old Nov 26th 2013, 11:40 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rugby 7's

Originally Posted by Evilmunki
Hi all, been in Dubai for a couple of weeks now, about to have my first experience of the rugby 7's this weekend - just wanting to find out is it best to stay on-site during and afterwards or is there anywhere else in Dubai that's doing anything specifically for it?

Cynical answers from long term expats who have been away from the UK for too long will be ignored

Ta.
Normally we go from midday until around 8pm, then head to a bar. Barasti is pretty good when 7s are on.
Old Nov 26th 2013, 12:35 pm
Just Joined

Evilmunki is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
Normally we go from midday until around 8pm, then head to a bar. Barasti is pretty good when 7s are on.
Cheers Northernlad
Old Nov 27th 2013, 4:00 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Or the IV (Irish Village). Buses are provided from the event to both Barnasty and the IV.
Old Nov 27th 2013, 5:14 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by Evilmunki

Ta.
As the others have said, free buses to Barasti and IV, as well as maybe somewhere else, can't remember.

We stay until 8ish as well I guess, but not sure....the Heineken tent is good but in my opinion, should be saved until the end of the day. Go and get in the DHL stand with a couple of cool bags of beers and enjoy the rugger with beers.
Old Nov 27th 2013, 8:21 am
BE Enthusiast

the_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
As the others have said, free buses to Barasti and IV, as well as maybe somewhere else, can't remember.
Bus details - http://dubairugby7s.com/Venue/transport/content.aspx

There's also buses from McGettingans @ DWTC and the new sports bar in the Movenpick JLT (I forget its name) in the morning/lunchtime. A full breakfast, a pint and a free bus out in the morning is a good way to start the day...
Old Nov 27th 2013, 8:26 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by the_red_sheep
Bus details - http://dubairugby7s.com/Venue/transport/content.aspx

There's also buses from McGettingans @ DWTC and the new sports bar in the Movenpick JLT (I forget its name) in the morning/lunchtime. A full breakfast, a pint and a free bus out in the morning is a good way to start the day...
Great shout that mate, thanks.

Been considering options on how to get there as last time I did two laps of business bay dressed as a baker trying to find a cab.
Old Nov 27th 2013, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

the_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond reputethe_red_sheep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Great shout that mate, thanks.

Been considering options on how to get there as last time I did two laps of business bay dressed as a baker trying to find a cab.
What's the costume theme this year? Decent chance I'll go from Neze's or McGett's DWTC, need to know who to avoid
Old Nov 27th 2013, 10:02 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by the_red_sheep
What's the costume theme this year? Decent chance I'll go from Neze's or McGett's DWTC, need to know who to avoid
That would be telling...but don't worry, we're not a rowdy bunch of helmets.