Reload this Page >

Royalmail Redirection not working

Royalmail Redirection not working

Old Sep 9th 2021, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

Mittdee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Royalmail Redirection not working

Hi All,

Has anyone faced issues with Royalmail redirection service please?
I had set it up to posts to be delivered to India in Dec 2020 however I haven't yet received a single post not even redirection confirmation of set up.
I called many times to Customer Service, however I am told the same story every time that Redirection is working. If it's not working there should be some issue with Indian postal service. I asked them to provide me a letter or email to confirm this, however Royalmail say, they don't do that. Also I asked if I can get their India counterpart office, they said, they put the posts on plane & what happens afterwards isn't their business. I challenged that I paid Royalmail to receive the posts at my India address, which I am not getting & wanted to escalate the complaint, but the customer service said, he was speaking from complaints department & it can't be escalated.
Has anyone been in similar situation, as any guidance will be of much help to me.
regards
MD
Old Sep 10th 2021, 8:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Royalmail Redirection not working

Originally Posted by Mittdee
Hi All,

I had set it up to posts to be delivered to India in Dec 2020 however I haven't yet received a single post not even redirection confirmation of set up.
I called many times to Customer Service, however I am told the same story every time that Redirection is working. If it's not working there should be some issue with Indian postal service. I asked them to provide me a letter or email to confirm this, however Royalmail say, they don't do that. Also I asked if I can get their India counterpart office, they said, they put the posts on plane & what happens afterwards isn't their business. I challenged that I paid Royalmail to receive the posts at my India address, which I am not getting & wanted to escalate the complaint, but the customer service said, he was speaking from complaints department & it can't be escalated.
Has anyone been in similar situation, as any guidance will be of much help to me.
regards
MD
I admire your ambition
Old Sep 10th 2021, 4:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mittdee
Hi All,

regards
MD
One thing springs to mind is that you’ve been scammed (maybe not) …… lots of online scams purporting to offer redirection …… might be worth checking your payment to see where it went. If you did it online you would for sure get a confirmation from Royal Mail and there should be a record in your royal mail online account, if you did it in person you would have the relevant paperwork. How much did you pay ?

As for the delivery part, if it is a genuine redirection, you pay Royal Mail to redirect the item to the other address you don’t pay them to track it or deliver it, so they are somewhat correct, it gets reposted (no different to you sticking it in a letter box) and it goes on a plane and arrives in India, after that who knows.
Old Sep 10th 2021, 4:41 pm
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know what part of India you are in but I typically receive mail from Europe addressed to me in Mumbai up to 4 months later than postmarked. And it only got worse in covid
Old Sep 10th 2021, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by UKMS
One thing springs to mind is that you’ve been scammed (maybe not) …… lots of online scams purporting to offer redirection …… might be worth checking your payment to see where it went. If you did it online you would for sure get a confirmation from Royal Mail and there should be a record in your royal mail online account, if you did it in person you would have the relevant paperwork. How much did you pay ?

As for the delivery part, if it is a genuine redirection, you pay Royal Mail to redirect the item to the other address you don’t pay them to track it or deliver it, so they are somewhat correct, it gets reposted (no different to you sticking it in a letter box) and it goes on a plane and arrives in India, after that who knows.
Thank you for your response. Appreciate.
MD
Old Sep 10th 2021, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by weasel decentral
Don't know what part of India you are in but I typically receive mail from Europe addressed to me in Mumbai up to 4 months later than postmarked. And it only got worse in covid
I am in Noida. thanks.
MD
Old Sep 18th 2021, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

Just an update:
I have been to Head Post office & met Head Post Master & his deputy in Noida. They asked me to contact my local post office, which I did. Local post office asked me to contact Foreign Post office in Delhi. I wrote to all of them including SSP (Senior Superintendent of Post Office), however everyone asks the tracking number, which I am not provided by Royalmail.
So no constructive output so far.
I'll update further if there is any
Thanks
MD