Riyadh Schools

Old Jun 13th 2022, 9:24 am
Just Joined

megzl55 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Riyadh Schools

Hi,

My husband and I are relocating to Riyadh this summer from the UK and now have to decide on schools for our 4 and 7 year old. There seems to be more choice now with Aldenham prep, Kings and SEK opening up to challenge BISR. I have heard mixed reviews about BISR and so interested in getting some feedback on whether the general feel is these new schools would be a better all round education? Does anyone have any feedback about these new schools and whether they would be predominantly local filled or still multicultural? I'm concerned that the whole change is an upheaval for them and I want them to settle in as quickly as possible.
Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 27th 2022, 7:28 pm
Just Joined

ourtravellingfamily is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Riyadh Schools

Originally Posted by megzl55
Hi,

My husband and I are relocating to Riyadh this summer from the UK and now have to decide on schools for our 4 and 7 year old. There seems to be more choice now with Aldenham prep, Kings and SEK opening up to challenge BISR. I have heard mixed reviews about BISR and so interested in getting some feedback on whether the general feel is these new schools would be a better all round education? Does anyone have any feedback about these new schools and whether they would be predominantly local filled or still multicultural? I'm concerned that the whole change is an upheaval for them and I want them to settle in as quickly as possible.
Thanks in advance!
Have you considered Wolsey Hall Oxford? We homeschooled our 3 children while travelling around Europe? Take a look at their homeschooling in Saudi page.
Old Sep 18th 2022, 7:29 am
Just Joined

Rachel855 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Riyadh Schools

Hi megzl55,

Hope your move went well. Did you decide on which school you'll send your kids to?
We are making the move soon and would love some feedback from you to make the choice.

Old Sep 28th 2022, 1:30 pm
Just Joined

ballak is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rachel855
Hi megzl55,

Hope your move went well. Did you decide on which school you'll send your kids to?
We are making the move soon and would love some feedback from you to make the choice.
Rachel

I am planning on moving to Riyadh with family next year and we have been reaching out to some schools. We are have taken a particular fondness to Reigate Grammar School Riyadh (formerlly known as multinational school) following their responses to some of our questions. It will be good to know or have an idea of your chosen school once youre settled in.
Old Mar 6th 2023, 11:47 am
Just Joined

Maria23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ballak
Rachel

I am planning on moving to Riyadh with family next year and we have been reaching out to some schools. We are have taken a particular fondness to Reigate Grammar School Riyadh (formerlly known as multinational school) following their responses to some of our questions. It will be good to know or have an idea of your chosen school once youre settled in.

Hi,

I'm curios which school you chose in the end? I am thinking about Kings as my children are smaller. I went to one of thier Open Days/ Tour and I was impressed. Thier fees also better than BISR..
Thanks
Old Mar 6th 2023, 1:03 pm
Just Joined

ballak is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Maria

We went into advance talks with Reigate as they provided the additional SEN support required. However, their additional fees for the SEN support was far greater than we had anticipated (double the annual tuition fees). As a result I decided to broaden my horizons and looked at Jeddah. We found a school called Jeddah Prep and Grammar School who provide support, albeit not to the level we needed. An assessment day has been scheduled for the kids this April so we will wait and see.
Old Mar 7th 2023, 3:38 am
Just Joined

Maria23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Ballak,

Thank you so much for your response. Hmm, interesting about Reigate and the extra SEN fees. Due to husband's work, we can only stay in Riyadh.

Glad that you found Jeddah Prep and Good luck with it all, I know from personal experience how important it is to have the right level of support