Riyadh Hello

Old Jul 29th 2009, 11:36 am
Just Joined

LofA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Riyadh Hello

Firstly, before moving to Riyadh (about a year ago now), I used this forum for some much needed information and advice. A big thank you to all you British Expat Forum guys who supplied this.
Now, having finally settled down to life in Kingdom, I thought I might be able to repay the good advice with some (not so good) advice of my own. The first year was hectic with much to take in and learn, but I have now adopted the jaundiced, blase attitude of many of the Riyadh Expats and feel perfectly at home. Having done a little work in Dubai and Bahrain I now regard myself as a seasoned Expat veteran ready to comment and give out ill-informed advice on anything I don't understand. Which is a lot.
More rubbish coming soon...

LofA
Old Jul 29th 2009, 7:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Riyadh Hello

Originally Posted by LofA
Firstly, before moving to Riyadh (about a year ago now), I used this forum for some much needed information and advice. A big thank you to all you British Expat Forum guys who supplied this.
Now, having finally settled down to life in Kingdom, I thought I might be able to repay the good advice with some (not so good) advice of my own. The first year was hectic with much to take in and learn, but I have now adopted the jaundiced, blase attitude of many of the Riyadh Expats and feel perfectly at home. Having done a little work in Dubai and Bahrain I now regard myself as a seasoned Expat veteran ready to comment and give out ill-informed advice on anything I don't understand. Which is a lot.

LofA
Thanks.

I for one am particularly looking forward to ignoring you.............
Old Jul 29th 2009, 9:59 pm
Just Joined

Movingtoriyadh is an unknown quantity at this point

Could you recommend a moving company? I need to move some personal stuff from NY to Riyadh. Thanks.
Old Jul 29th 2009, 10:04 pm
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

LofA
Is that pronounced "Loofah"? Look forward to reading your future posts.

Have a blessed day
Old Jul 29th 2009, 10:12 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

LofA
What name did you go by then please?...before you were the sponge
Old Jul 31st 2009, 11:29 am
Just Joined

LofA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Eva
What name did you go by then please?...before you were the sponge
Thank you very much for your touching and kind comments. I could not have wished for a warmer and more welcoming introduction to BE forum life (dabs at his eyes with crumpled handherchief..)
Old Jul 31st 2009, 10:03 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=LofA;7801004]Thank you very much for your touching and kind comments. I could not have wished for a warmer and more welcoming introduction to BE forum life (dabs at his eyes with crumpled handherchief..) [/QUOTE]

Most welcome.You must be well posh,most would just use their keffiyeh instead of a random mouchoir........