Reload this Page >

Riyadh compound/school advice

Riyadh compound/school advice

Old Oct 10th 2023, 8:47 pm
Just Joined

Lauryna is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Riyadh compound/school advice

Hi,

my other half received a job offer in Riyadh. We would be moving there from the UK in 3-6months with our 3 year old son. I would really appreciate any advice on compound living (i.e.prices, location, social life) and schools.
Our accommodation allowance is 195k/ year, and ideally, we would like a 2/3 bed villa (or townhouse). I am aware that the allowance isn’t massive and we are willing to add some of our own money towards rent if we find our “dream ticket”.
His job is going to be in Hittin (?) area, and we would like to send the little one to a school with a British curriculum. What would be the most suitable compound location-wise? I really like Vives (but I know it’s located in quite a remote area) and Al Nakhla (probably way out of our budget). Is there such thing as a nice, well equipped, modern compound not miles away from our budget, that would be good for both locations? Or am I being unrealistic?

many thanks!!
Old Oct 15th 2023, 5:01 pm
Just Joined

Mearns is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Riyadh compound/school advice

Hi Lauryna,

you could do Antara compound with Kings College, all in a 15 minute loop in the North West, so not too unrealistic.

Antara is lovely but pricey so you will need to dip into your own pocket a bit. Kings College is relatively new, not all years covered but seems to offer a choice over BISR.

A more standard / less expensive option would be something like Al Hamra / Arizona and the BISR, the commute to Hittin would be doable at about 30mins.

Old Oct 15th 2023, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

leepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to beholdleepee is a splendid one to behold

Hi Lauryna.

Not much to offer but just to say that Antara is pretty pricey. My husband is in a two bed apartment and it costs about 220,000SAR a year. It is a very nice compound though and he would recommend it.
Good luck!
Old Oct 19th 2023, 11:03 am
Just Joined

Lauryna is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you!
It looks like we will have to dip quite a bit into our own pocket, if we want to avoid horrible commutes for everyone. I really like Vives, and their prices are sooo good for what they offer, but it’s so far away.