Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Riyadh Compound - Agent/Consultants?

Riyadh Compound - Agent/Consultants?

Old Oct 31st 2008, 8:29 am
Just Joined

tangney is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Riyadh Compound - Agent/Consultants?

Hi. I'm moving to Riyadh H1 2009 and have noticed the universal warning on how hard it is to find a place in a good compound... Does anyone know any people who would be good consultants or agents (whether that is their formal job or they (less formally) happen to "know the right people") in helping to obtain housing at one of the better compounds (Kingdom, Arizona, Arabian Homes, etc)? This seems like the kind of thing where "knowing the right people" is useful, there are local customs, etc and I would like to make it as likely as possible that I get into a top compound. My wife will be happier then (and I won't be happy if she isn't!).

Thanks.

Patrick
Old Nov 5th 2008, 1:12 pm

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Riyadh Compound - Agent/Consultants?

Originally Posted by tangney
Hi. I'm moving to Riyadh H1 2009 and have noticed the universal warning on how hard it is to find a place in a good compound... Does anyone know any people who would be good consultants or agents (whether that is their formal job or they (less formally) happen to "know the right people") in helping to obtain housing at one of the better compounds (Kingdom, Arizona, Arabian Homes, etc)? This seems like the kind of thing where "knowing the right people" is useful, there are local customs, etc and I would like to make it as likely as possible that I get into a top compound. My wife will be happier then (and I won't be happy if she isn't!).

Thanks.

Patrick
hello, not much help, but from what i've seen on the boards your best bet is probably through your company as it seems that many have places on 'hold' in certain compounds.

have a look at this thread too... http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ghlight=riyadh

and you may want to look at http://sainsaudi.co.za/blog/ also and see if they've got any pointers (they've even got a facecrack group)

best o' luck! (and don't forget to post and let us know how you get on...)
Old Nov 5th 2008, 1:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond repute

Have to agree that the best way is through your company. There are a couple of villas on my compound that look empty, but are I think rented by a company who won't give them up as once gone they can't get them back again.

Some of the waiting lists are, apparently, closed. Google the compounds and call them direct. Not sure if it will help, but worth a try.

Good luck
N
Old Nov 20th 2008, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

MGinRiyadh is a jewel in the roughMGinRiyadh is a jewel in the roughMGinRiyadh is a jewel in the roughMGinRiyadh is a jewel in the rough

Hi there,

PM me as I know the manager who looks after 4 compounds here. Can't guarantee anything, but it doesn't hurt to put you in touch.
Old Nov 20th 2008, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

di_hb is on a distinguished road

Hi
What type of accomodation are you looking for?(1, 2,3 bedroom) Have you chldren? I can ask questions for you.
Regards
Di.
Old Jan 5th 2009, 2:28 am
Just Joined

tangney is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by di_hb
Hi
What type of accomodation are you looking for?(1, 2,3 bedroom) Have you chldren? I can ask questions for you.
Regards
Di.
Thanks, Di. I'm looking for some temp accomodation (doesn't need to be in a compound ) for myself until my wife arrives. She should be arriving around May/June 2009, at whihc point I would be looking to get into a compound like Al Hamra, Arizona, Cordoba, Kingdom, Al Yamama, etc...
Old Jan 5th 2009, 10:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Nic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond repute

Call Al Hamra, I know a family who are leaving - they are in a 2-bed - not sure if the management know yet but get your name on the list and in his mind. Kingdom compound is boring . . .

N