Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Riyadh advice on Accommodation

Riyadh advice on Accommodation

Old Dec 1st 2021, 9:14 am
Just Joined

CDL1966 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Riyadh advice on Accommodation

I am in the process of accepting a year contract (possibility of a second year) to work in Riyadh.

I would like to find out the options for renting a 1 bedroom/1 bathroon furnished apartment somewhere within a reasonable commute to and from the office that is safe and close to local amenaties.

I will be paying for the accomodation myself and I am working for a London based agency who have a contract for my services with the Saudi company if that is relevant.

I don't intend to drive and the location of my office is in the area of Ghirnatah, Riyadh 13241, Saudi Arabia is that convenient to get about, what is recommended?

Any other advice that may be recommended for a KSA new arrival.

Thanks in advance

Old Dec 1st 2021, 5:25 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Riyadh advice on Accommodation

Originally Posted by CDL1966
I am in the process of accepting a year contract (possibility of a second year) to work in Riyadh.

I would like to find out the options for renting a 1 bedroom/1 bathroon furnished apartment somewhere within a reasonable commute to and from the office that is safe and close to local amenaties.

I will be paying for the accomodation myself and I am working for a London based agency who have a contract for my services with the Saudi company if that is relevant.

I don't intend to drive and the location of my office is in the area of Ghirnatah, Riyadh 13241, Saudi Arabia is that convenient to get about, what is recommended?

Any other advice that may be recommended for a KSA new arrival.

Thanks in advance
Had some friends who lived here:
رفاء للاجنحة الفندقية
053 933 9946
https://maps.app.goo.gl/7MWLJun8DLeHnT1KA

I thought it was nice. It's a hotel but they rent by the month too.
A short hop to your workplace. Quite a good location, near a lot of compounds, malls, and traffic to work wouldn't be unbearable. Probably 10 minutes even in rush hour .
Old Dec 15th 2021, 4:40 am
BE Enthusiast

HiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond reputeHiHo has a reputation beyond repute

Northabury is right furnished rented accommodation is not available. But there are lots of apart hotels as he suggests. Google maps will tell you which one is nearest to the office.

An alternative is rent unfurnished and go to ikia
https://www.bayut.sa/en/riyadh-regio...adh-ghirnatah/
This will cost 3-5k UKP/annum

An other alternative is to rent a furnished apartment on a compound
This will cost 20-22k UKP/annum
Old Dec 15th 2021, 4:45 am
Just Joined

CDL1966 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Hiho and nonthaburi.