British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Right and wrong way to apply!!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/right-wrong-way-apply-496323/)

Miss Eck Nov 26th 2007 1:08 am

Re: Right and wrong way to apply!!!!

Originally Posted by Barrie (Post 5601901)

Fingers crossed there next few posting will be lots of fingers point me in the right direction.

Cheers.

It's still early yet!

Autonomy Nov 26th 2007 7:09 am

Sorry - know nothing about Oil and Gas, though that could have been different if I'd finished my Naval Architecture degree at Strathclyde Uni... anyways...

Clarendon Parker are the best recruitment agency around from what I hear and I know the company very well, offices across the region etc... (don't pay for CV doctoring - that's crazy)

HOWEVER - there really is nothing like coming here and setting up face to face meetings... that's how we did it - gave ourselves about 3 months budget and arrived with 2 bags. I got my job within 4 weeks. Still here after three years and now we have more cats than bags we arrived with and it would take a container to move us...

Anyways - don't think you're doing wrong, but consider planning a trip here if you're serious about a move here.

Good luck!

Auto

Originally Posted by Barrie (Post 5601901)
The plumber acronym is spot on!!!!!

Fingers crossed there next few posting will be lots of fingers point me in the right direction.

Cheers.

Barrie Nov 26th 2007 8:37 am

Originally Posted by Autonomy (Post 5603052)
Sorry - know nothing about Oil and Gas, though that could have been different if I'd finished my Naval Architecture degree at Strathclyde Uni... anyways...

Clarendon Parker are the best recruitment agency around from what I hear and I know the company very well, offices across the region etc... (don't pay for CV doctoring - that's crazy)

HOWEVER - there really is nothing like coming here and setting up face to face meetings... that's how we did it - gave ourselves about 3 months budget and arrived with 2 bags. I got my job within 4 weeks. Still here after three years and now we have more cats than bags we arrived with and it would take a container to move us...

Anyways - don't think you're doing wrong, but consider planning a trip here if you're serious about a move here.

Good luck!

Auto

Cheers for the reply Auto.

I was hoping to get out for the oil and Gas show that is on early next month, but due to work commitment here in Aberdeen I just wont be able to make it, but will certainly consider a trip soon.

Alexander_el_magdouni Nov 26th 2007 11:14 am

Originally Posted by annacarna (Post 5601787)
Yes

I can help if Oil and Gas or Property Management

Anybody with contact in the IT sector or IT sections of Oil Company / Financial Institution,

I am looking for a role as Systems Designer/Integrator ( with experience of 9 years +, the last 7 years in a Bank ).
Cheers,
Alex