Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

right, ive ####### had it!

right, ive ####### had it!

Old Oct 6th 2004, 3:53 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default right, ive ####### had it!

1: who actually lives in the uae?
2: who has lived there?
3: whos moving there?
4: who hates it and why? also did u leave for home or other shores?
5: whos a xenophobic local who hates incomers?
arabian boy are u one???

6:and who was it that took a collection of very small desert villages and turned them into major international city states with thriving economies.

oh and i was there in the early days and can actually remember abu dhabis first set of traffic lights and boy did that cause chaos!!!

right bring it on this should start a small riot
lmao
Old Oct 6th 2004, 4:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Calgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really nice
Default Re: right, ive ####### had it!

Originally Posted by shiva
arabian boy are u one???

6:and who was it that took a collection of very small desert villages and turned them into major international city states with thriving economies.

oh and i was there in the early days and can actually remember abu dhabis first set of traffic lights and boy did that cause chaos!!!

lmao
I will be moving there...I assumed that u wanted to know that....

Khan
Old Oct 6th 2004, 6:17 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

arabian boy are u one???

lmao

U trying to start a riot as well Chris? Lol.....cheeky chap. Will answer ur questions cos I have nothing better to do. Have 1 crappy homework assignment now.....cheap and easy though!

1: who actually lives in the uae? errrrrr.........I do!

2: who has lived there? errrrrrr.........I have for the past 22.5 yrs

3: whos moving there? errrrrr............born here.....so never moved in. lol

dont like it at all......mainly cos of the people i guess......very strange mentality, 80% of them anyway. Its like I am a tourist in my own 'home'. Hate that feeling sometimes. Dunno if I wud want to live here forever though. Will have to get back to u on that one!

5: whos a xenophobic local who hates incomers? Well Arabian boy was one! banished to the desert now. HAHAHAHA..........incomers help to dilute the population and most in coming people are skilled + highly educated. So I say its always good for the country to have that. And no, I am no local, although I know as much as there is to know about this desert nation.

Having been here when the first traffic lights were put up, I wud expect u 2 know these things. U prolly even studied it at school under social studies. remember that? lol.........to answer ur q, it was HH. Sheikh Rashid (later ruler of Dubai) and HH, Sheikh Zayed that pulled the 6 emirates together. The 7th, Ras Al Khaimah, joined the federation 1 yr later. Qatar, Bahrain and Oman were offered membership to the union, but they didnt like the idea of having such a large country. Look whos laughing now! hahahahahahahahaha

Hope that helps fuel the bon-fire u wanted Chris!

-Face81
Old Oct 6th 2004, 7:46 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

thx face. come on guys i thought this might spark a few people up but not so far???

the answers on a postcard to the usual address folks lol

i was trying to bait people into the fact that most countries including mine, the uk , were actually built by incomers of all nationalities.

for those interested
:- scotland ,the celts come from central siberia
england: saxons and angels from europe
uae:- from friggin every corner of the globe
america:- ditto
and so on.

also im interested as to how many ex uae residents use the forum as well as movers, wanna movers and residents
for my part im an ex resident who is returning in nov
Old Oct 6th 2004, 8:01 pm
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

erm I am there for the Emirates crew and have no interest in any thing else. That is also a total lie!!!

no.. knackered at moment...but gonna have to do a proper reply. got a cold as soon as I got back. Maybe going from 39 deg to 9 deg has something to do with it....
Old Oct 6th 2004, 9:38 pm
Simply Brilliant

Cherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really nice

thx face. come on guys i thought this might spark a few people up but not so far???

the answers on a postcard to the usual address folks lol

i was trying to bait people into the fact that most countries including mine, the uk , were actually built by incomers of all nationalities.

for those interested
:- scotland ,the celts come from central siberia
england: saxons and angels from europe
uae:- from friggin every corner of the globe
america:- ditto
and so on.

also im interested as to how many ex uae residents use the forum as well as movers, wanna movers and residents
for my part im an ex resident who is returning in nov
Good Luck when you get out there in November. Perfect weather! Have lots of fun....visit Wild Wadi for me! Can't be arsed with your questions as seem too much like hard work, tonight
Old Oct 7th 2004, 8:11 am
The 5th Amendment

joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice

Originally Posted by Cherrypie
Good Luck when you get out there in November. Perfect weather! Have lots of fun....visit Wild Wadi for me! Can't be arsed with your questions as seem too much like hard work, tonight
who else did not know that CP was into water sports?!!! heh heh
Old Oct 7th 2004, 11:18 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by joseph.creative
erm I am there for the Emirates crew and have no interest in any thing else. That is also a total lie!!!

no.. knackered at moment...but gonna have to do a proper reply. got a cold as soon as I got back. Maybe going from 39 deg to 9 deg has something to do with it....

Am still trying to fight off my cold as well.....just when I think its finally gone, I sneeze. I always catch a cold at this time of year........well u will be happy to know that we have dropped from 39 to 34 now Joe. lol.........not that it makes much a difference, u will still have ur jumper on no mater where u go. hahahahaha

Get well soon!

-Face
Old Oct 7th 2004, 11:42 am
The Oracle

I can c her now on the Jumeirah Scarer........wooooooossshhhhhhh......was that CP I just saw? lol

I bet she is into deep sea diving. I think that wud be here cup of tea. Although even tea isnt my cup of tea. lol

-Face81
Old Oct 7th 2004, 12:10 pm
The 5th Amendment

Originally Posted by Face81
I can c her now on the Jumeirah Scarer........wooooooossshhhhhhh......was that CP I just saw? lol

I bet she is into deep sea diving. I think that wud be here cup of tea. Although even tea isnt my cup of tea. lol

-Face81
Face is now getting smutty!!! lol or is it just my interpretation.

hmm so it nice and cool now
Old Oct 7th 2004, 12:52 pm
Simply Brilliant

Cherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really nice

Water sports???? Good grief...I can barely get off arse to go on one of the rides. I just lounge around all day, getting hot, sweaty and sticky
Old Oct 7th 2004, 12:55 pm
Simply Brilliant

Originally Posted by Face81

-Face81
OK. Confession time. I can't swim!!! So, deep sea diving would be a great way to kick the bucket, lol!

Jumeirah Scarer :scared: ...not been on that...too much effort

Shall enquire about lessons this afternoon.
Old Oct 7th 2004, 12:56 pm
Simply Brilliant

Joseph, I think it's your interpretation...you are having a relapse, my friend.
Old Oct 7th 2004, 4:23 pm
The 5th Amendment

Originally Posted by Cherrypie
Joseph, I think it's your interpretation...you are having a relapse, my friend.
maybe..... lol
Old Oct 7th 2004, 5:11 pm
The Oracle

Lol....yeah......think I better get my jumper out for tomorrow.....34..brrrrrr....hahaha.

Its beter than a 45 degree day in the middle of August when u r forced to take a tour of a power plant looking like Bob the Builder! God I hated that crap job. Thank god I quit while I was still sane!

Come to think of it, I not only dislike tea, but coffee isnt my cup of tea either. LOL hehehe

-Face81

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.