Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Revival of the Lagoons development

Revival of the Lagoons development

Old Oct 8th 2013, 4:16 pm
Vendor

Joe_Lowry7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Revival of the Lagoons development

Was reading this today, thought it may well be of interest to someone if they are looking in Dubai or have dealings in Dubai.

http://www.thenational.ae/business/i...ns-development

Happy reading

Joe
Old Oct 9th 2013, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

Robajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud of
Default Re: Revival of the Lagoons development

Thanks, knew about it months ago though.

Lets see if it turns out anything like the artists impression. I for one am not holding my breath.
Old Oct 9th 2013, 1:09 pm
Vendor

Originally Posted by Robajob
Thanks, knew about it months ago though.

Lets see if it turns out anything like the artists impression. I for one am not holding my breath.
Lets see, the artist impressions do look amazing, but like you say only time will tell if it finishes and looks like that.
Old Oct 9th 2013, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

Robajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Joe_Lowry7
Lets see, the artist impressions do look amazing, but like you say only time will tell if it finishes and looks like that.
You'll need to cross more than your fingers mate - I am picturing the end result a cross between Al Barsha and International City, with added Mosquitoes.
Old Oct 9th 2013, 1:27 pm
Vendor

Originally Posted by Robajob
You'll need to cross more than your fingers mate - I am picturing the end result a cross between Al Barsha and International City, with added Mosquitoes.

I take it you wont be interested in them then!!!
Old Oct 10th 2013, 10:11 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

I had a site on that project for about 4 years . Sama Dubai were the original contractor until they went tits up . A lot of the enabling works and cutting in and precast for the actual lagoons has already been done .

The thing is with this project it will never ever be built to it's intended design , it's too big and far too expensive and just not sustainable . I did some work on tendering for the supply of concrete onto this project and we said at the time that it was just another Disney pie in the sky Dubai job .

Another one for magazine browsing whilst you wait to see the dentist !