Reload this Page >

Returning to UK while in visit visa

Returning to UK while in visit visa

Old Mar 7th 2008, 8:23 am
Just Joined

Bella83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Returning to UK while in visit visa

Hey all.

I've been in Dubai since Jan this year. We relocated out here when my fiance was offered a job and I've been job hunting ever since we arrived.

I've potentially found the ideal role (had interviews, am waiting on an offer which is apparently due on Sunday/Monday next week).

My question is-I'm due to return to the UK for a wedding at the end of April. If I don't have my residence visa sorted by then, will I be ok to leave the country and more importantly get back in if I'm still on a visit visa?

Any advice would be really appreciated!

(PS - this forum has been an amazing help since we arrived, so thank you xx)
Old Mar 7th 2008, 8:31 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Returning to UK while in visit visa

If you have a UK passport, I think you can come and go as you please...
Old Mar 7th 2008, 8:32 am
Just Joined

Bella83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Excellent, I do, thank you very much! x
Old Mar 7th 2008, 10:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bella83
Hey all.

I've been in Dubai since Jan this year. We relocated out here when my fiance was offered a job and I've been job hunting ever since we arrived.

I've potentially found the ideal role (had interviews, am waiting on an offer which is apparently due on Sunday/Monday next week).

My question is-I'm due to return to the UK for a wedding at the end of April. If I don't have my residence visa sorted by then, will I be ok to leave the country and more importantly get back in if I'm still on a visit visa?

Any advice would be really appreciated!

(PS - this forum has been an amazing help since we arrived, so thank you xx)

you might have to do a visa run before then anyway. your visa is only valid for 60 days and you will be fined if you overstay!
Old Mar 7th 2008, 10:57 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
you might have to do a visa run before then anyway. your visa is only valid for 60 days and you will be fined if you overstay!
No need to panic...just take a weekend break using one of those cheap flight offers currently available...or do what most do and drive to Oman and back.