Retiring to Dubai

Old Apr 30th 2006, 12:42 pm
Just Joined

peterwi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Retiring to Dubai

Is it possible to retire to Dubai?

Can I get a residence visa without working in Dubai?

If you were to buy a small flat would this help in obtaining a visa? Is this really necessary?

Thankyou

Peter
Old Apr 30th 2006, 1:50 pm
Trust Your Instincts.....

sassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Retiring to Dubai

Hi TA5

You can't seem to stay away I guess you mut be missing Dubai..

Yes you can live here without working don't listen to TA5 i think he is a bit upset he had to leave...........
Old Apr 30th 2006, 1:59 pm
Just Joined

peterwi is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Sassy,

What sort of visa would I need to live in Dubai without working and how would I obtain one.

Thanks allot for your post.

Peter

Originally Posted by sassy
Hi TA5

Yes you can live here without working don't listen to TA5 i think he is a bit upset he had to leave...........
Old Apr 30th 2006, 2:17 pm
A Natural Blonde

Zannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by peterwi
Thanks Sassy,

What sort of visa would I need to live in Dubai without working and how would I obtain one.

Peter
I believe you'll qualify for a automatic residence visa if you buy a place to live out here. I don't know the details, but I'm sure someone on here will fill you in.
Old Apr 30th 2006, 2:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of

Go to Goa my friend......You will live for 3 months on 100USD......
Old Apr 30th 2006, 2:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

If you were to buy a small flat would this help in obtaining a visa? Is this really necessary?

Thankyou

Peter
It is a myth (and a marketing gimmick) that you get automatic residency if buy an apartment. What happens is, if you buy an apartment from certain developers (e.g. Emaar, Nakheel) they will sponsor you (and your dependants) and provide you with a 3 year renewable residence visas. You are not permitted to work with this type of visa. You have to pay for the cost of the visa renewal every three years.

The risk is what if a property owner has a scrap with the law (even a minor offence) or fails his medicals (e.g. HIV) then the property owner would be deported. My advice if you are serious is to get hold of a good lawyer in Dubai who will guide you.
Some FAQs.................... Hope this helps.

Will I be eligible for a UAE residency visa when I purchase my property?

Ultimately UAE residency visas can only be issued with the approval of the UAE’s federal immigration authorities. Consequently a buyer and his/her immediate dependants must also satisfy the requirements of the federal immigration authorities in order to be eligible for residency visas. The decision to issue a residency visa is ultimately at the discretion of the UAE authorities. However in general applicants for residency visas must pass a medical test which includes screening for certain communicable diseases (such as HIV and tuberculosis) and must undergo a state security check. Residency visas will only be sponsored by the developer following payment of the full purchase price of the property and a fee currently set at AED 5,000 (approximately US$1,362) per individual visa. Under the current UAE immigration laws, residency visas must be renewed every three years. These are generally automatically renewable, subject to the criteria set out above.
For tourist/visit purposes there are a number of nationalities, who are automatically granted 60 day

Are joint owners of Dubai properties eligible for residency visas?

In the case of joint owners it is expected that only the first named owner will be eligible for sponsorship. However the first named owner would normally be
able to sponsor his/her dependants. Unmarried daughters would normally be considered dependants of their father regardless of their age. However sons
are usually required to be below the age of 18 years in order to be classified as dependants. A husband may also sponsor his wife, however the UAE authorities do not recognise de-facto or common law marriages.

Can I obtain a residency visa if I buy my Dubai property through a company?

In the event that a company purchases a Dubai property, the Developer may, in its discretion arrange for sponsorship of the occupier of the property
nominated by such company.

What types of companies can purchase Dubai properties?

There are presently no restrictions on the jurisdiction of incorporation of companies that can be used to purchase most Dubai properties. However commonly used jurisdictions for such companies include the British Virgin Islands and Dubai’s Jebel Ali Free Zone (for Palm Island properties). Notably Jebel Ali Free Zone offshore companies are not permitted to conduct any business in Dubai but are specifically permitted to own properties in The Palm.

Can my family inherit my Dubai property?

It is not yet clear whether the UAE courts will recognise Wills executed by foreigners as being effective to devolve real property in Dubai. Article 17(5) of the UAE Civil Code states that the Law of the United Arab Emirates shall apply to Wills made by aliens disposing of real property in the state. Consequently upon the death of the owner of a Dubai property, such property may be distributed according to the principles of UAE/Shariah Law. The issue is further complicated as real property purchased in joint names will not normally vest in the surviving owner, under UAE law. Consequently in some circumstances investors may wish to consider purchasing their Dubai property in the name of an offshore company. Shares in such companies can then be transferred in accordance with the provisions of the Memorandum and Articles of Association of the relevant company.

IG

Last edited by IndieG; Apr 30th 2006 at 2:56 pm.
Old Apr 30th 2006, 4:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ray51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud of

Not "Indie" Chinna , per chance ?
If YES
Be free to e-mail me , also : about much more on the above
hugz
R.
Old Apr 30th 2006, 4:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Ray,
No, not chinna ...... But go ahead anyway and ask if you have any Qs

IG
Old Apr 30th 2006, 5:45 pm
Restless soul

Happiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to behold

Thankyou

Peter

Well the properties have a shelf life of about 10 years....so that really won't be a big deal....( sorry had to say that)

Don't you wanna go somewhere that has greenery, no pollution, nature, peace and quiet? I know I would at retirement age.
Old Apr 30th 2006, 5:50 pm
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Sassy,

Peter
I beleive you can also get an investors visa if you were to start a company here that brings money to the UAE.... (you don't have to work, just be a silent partner)

As the ladies have said, get some legal advice. Theres a number of good law firms....

Good luck
TS
Old May 1st 2006, 6:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Benson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sassy
Hi TA5

has he really gone?
Old May 1st 2006, 6:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Ray51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud of

We lived in DXB , Feb 1996 to Sept 1999 ; in Trade Centre Appts first , then in an older Arenco villa in Satwa ; it was a good time !
- among the memories are Jumeirah Janes in silly 4x4s , the Alamo , Fibber's , City Lodge , Cyclone , Spinneys , Gargash , Safestway , Dubai tennis , the Creek Clubhouse , liquor licence , the heat , great shawarmas , too many fligts in and out different time-zones...
I am told , by friends still there , that it's vey different now , especially : traffic ?
Old May 1st 2006, 12:50 pm
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray51
We lived in DXB , Feb 1996 to Sept 1999 ; in Trade Centre Appts first , then in an older Arenco villa in Satwa ; it was a good time !
- among the memories are Jumeirah Janes in silly 4x4s , the Alamo , Fibber's , City Lodge , Cyclone , Spinneys , Gargash , Safestway , Dubai tennis , the Creek Clubhouse , liquor licence , the heat , great shawarmas , too many fligts in and out different time-zones...
I am told , by friends still there , that it's vey different now , especially : traffic ?
From everyone who I knew when I was there who had been there a while, dubai peaked (in terms of lifestyle) around 1998, and has been going downhill ever since.
Old May 1st 2006, 1:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Border Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond repute

If you have a British Passport you can stay for 60 days just from the stamp at the airport. Depending on how long you are in Dubai for each year and how often you leave it could be cheaper and simpler just to do visa runs...

Don't come thinking it will be anythng like it was in 1999 though... :scared:
Old May 1st 2006, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

miss behave has much to be proud ofmiss behave has much to be proud ofmiss behave has much to be proud ofmiss behave has much to be proud ofmiss behave has much to be proud ofmiss behave has much to be proud ofmiss behave has much to be proud ofmiss behave has much to be proud ofmiss behave has much to be proud ofmiss behave has much to be proud ofmiss behave has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=

Don't come thinking it will be anythng like it was in 1999 though... :scared:[/QUOTE]

or 1980!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.