Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Restaurants In Dubai

Restaurants In Dubai

Old Nov 30th 2005, 3:03 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Restaurants In Dubai

OK Then Buddah Bar, the urinal experience is quite bizarre, I mean plasma TV's in the bogs? What?
Anyway, food was sent back 3 times, cold and 'orrible, you had to laugh at the end tho, service was at least 10 down on appaling, I really can't believe that such an (allegedly) up market establishment could be so bad. They'd have been better off employing UmpaLumpas!
Crowd, lots of beautiful people, lots of Lebanese (shoushou you'd fit in well) and obviously a number of people who'd spent at least 5 hours getting ready. And still failed miserably! The one's in the Debenams specials amused too.

Ah well, onward and upward, Jambase tonight and Pier Chic tomorrow!
Old Nov 30th 2005, 4:29 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MJC
OK Then Buddah Bar, the urinal experience is quite bizarre, I mean plasma TV's in the bogs? What?
Anyway, food was sent back 3 times, cold and 'orrible, you had to laugh at the end tho, service was at least 10 down on appaling, I really can't believe that such an (allegedly) up market establishment could be so bad. They'd have been better off employing UmpaLumpas!
Crowd, lots of beautiful people, lots of Lebanese (shoushou you'd fit in well) and obviously a number of people who'd spent at least 5 hours getting ready. And still failed miserably! The one's in the Debenams specials amused too.

I hear that there are some mini bombs in the shape of wasabi coated nuts there ( :scared: )...

Quick mini review - last night Shimmers restaurant at Mina A Salaam. Amazing location - right on the actual beach with the Burj rearing magnificiently like Casanova in full flight.

The food was Arabic / Lebanese influenced, however a good variety of choice. The ambience and views were very good, Cold mezze starter was fine, spiced Scallops on masala mash starter was good if a little over cooked. Arabic Mixed Grill main was way too much food, but well cooked. The best dish was Char Grilled Baby Hamour Fillets on lemon potato...

Very popular venue, really amazing location, decent but not spectacular food, great place to chill out or take visitors from outside of Dubai. And the price for 3 with a bottle of decent wine - 600 dhs. Pretty damn good value really.

Food - 7.5/10
Location - 9/10
Ambience - 8.5/10
Service 7.5/10
Overall - 8/10 Well worth a visit (book a day or two in advance and you might get one of the very cool tents on the sand....)

From there onto the Trilogy Rooftop Terrace for the first time... hmm... very nice and all but too far up it's own ar*e....

Auto.
Old Nov 30th 2005, 4:37 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy

rearing magnificiently like Casanova in full flight.

PMSL - esp in his pink dish-dash!!!
Old Nov 30th 2005, 8:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MJC

Do they have plush seats????That would tip the scale for me....
Old Nov 30th 2005, 8:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MJC
Does he also sport a blond or pink wig???
Old Nov 30th 2005, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

barsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MJC
or purple, or blue, or green..........
Old Nov 30th 2005, 11:07 am
Trust Your Instincts.....

sassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by MJC

I am shocked by your reveiw as I went last week and thought the service was exellent, very professional and knowledgable .......... the ambience was brilliant and the food I would give about a 7.5..........

Also it seemed like a really mixed crowd all ages and nationalities i was very impressed as I thought it would be the lebosleeze crowd........
Old Nov 30th 2005, 11:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by sassy
I am shocked by your reveiw as I went last week and thought the service was exellent, very professional and knowledgable .......... the ambience was brilliant and the food I would give about a 7.5..........

Also it seemed like a really mixed crowd all ages and nationalities i was very impressed as I thought it would be the lebosleeze crowd........
Eh???
Old Nov 30th 2005, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

NooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by shoushou
Eh???
I know what she's on about!!!!!!
Old Nov 30th 2005, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

barsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by NooNoo
I know what she's on about!!!!!!

don't we all!
Old Nov 30th 2005, 11:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tell me your stories....
I want to know what atrocities my fellow compatriots are doing....
Old Nov 30th 2005, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

NooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud ofNooNoo has much to be proud of

Tell me your stories....
I want to know what atrocities my fellow compatriots are doing....
Lets just say most are like bad smells in confined areas.... They dont go away!!!!! LOL
Old Nov 30th 2005, 12:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by NooNoo
Lets just say most are like bad smells in confined areas.... They dont go away!!!!! LOL
Thnats a shame....
I thought it was more sinister....
Old Nov 30th 2005, 12:14 pm
Sat on the fence ......

Rumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond repute

Thnats a shame....
I thought it was more sinister....

It is if you are the type that attracts them
Old Nov 30th 2005, 12:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Rumble Tumble
It is if you are the type that attracts them
I dont have the luxury to find out....I have a protected adulthood....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.