Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Restaurant Recommendations in AD

Restaurant Recommendations in AD

Old May 22nd 2008, 6:25 am
Forum Regular

Katrinab is a jewel in the roughKatrinab is a jewel in the roughKatrinab is a jewel in the roughKatrinab is a jewel in the rough
Default Restaurant Recommendations in AD

Hello All,

I was hoping someone could recommend a good place to get grub tonight in Abu Dhabi? Not too fussy on the type of cuisine but somewhere that we can get a bottle of wine as well would be a bonus!

Thanks.
Old May 22nd 2008, 6:31 am
Banned

Sam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Restaurant Recommendations in AD

Originally Posted by Katrinab
Hello All,

I was hoping someone could recommend a good place to get grub tonight in Abu Dhabi? Not too fussy on the type of cuisine but somewhere that we can get a bottle of wine as well would be a bonus!

Thanks.
There are loads! What kind of food do you like? And do you want somewhere formal, or more relaxed?

My faves at the moment:

Bordeau at Shangri-La
Chamas at the Intercon
Boccaccio at the Intercon
Royal Orchid at the Hilton
Pregos at Beach Rotana.

Although my absolute favourite restaurant in AD has to be Vasco's at the Hilton.

Last edited by Sam FTQ; May 22nd 2008 at 6:37 am. Reason: to add some suggestions
Old May 22nd 2008, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

Katrinab is a jewel in the roughKatrinab is a jewel in the roughKatrinab is a jewel in the roughKatrinab is a jewel in the rough

To be honest it was just for somewhere new, as I have been to the same places a few times as my partner has no imagination!

Thanks for the suggestions
Old May 22nd 2008, 6:50 am
Here comes the Sun

twinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Katrinab
To be honest it was just for somewhere new, as I have been to the same places a few times as my partner has no imagination!

Thanks for the suggestions
There is also hemingways and Jazz bar at the hilton too.
Or you could try Trader Vics Beach Rotana nice cocktails never tried the food?
Old May 22nd 2008, 8:06 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twinkle-star
There is also hemingways and Jazz bar at the hilton too.
Or you could try Trader Vics Beach Rotana nice cocktails never tried the food?
i love the food at TV's but i am a working class yob....
Old May 22nd 2008, 8:08 am
Here comes the Sun

twinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
i love the food at TV's but i am a working class yob....
I think thats pronounced ...Riff Raff...(not to be confused with piff paff)
Old May 22nd 2008, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

I think thats pronounced ...Riff Raff...(not to be confused with piff paff)
must be as i dont live in an exclusive city centre flat AKA (smogsville)

if only i tried harder at school..maybe i could move on up to a piss stained lobbied apartment in Abu Dhabi centre..
Old May 22nd 2008, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute

every time i am in abu dhabi i ilke to use the bru haus and the german bar very nice beer and great food!!!. shame about frau tina the battle axe manageress
Old May 22nd 2008, 9:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by coffindodger
every time i am in abu dhabi i ilke to use the bru haus and the german bar very nice beer and great food!!!. shame about frau tina the battle axe manageress
i was there last night, didnt notice the battleaxe thou
Old May 22nd 2008, 9:47 am
Here comes the Sun

must be as i dont live in an exclusive city centre flat AKA (smogsville)

if only i tried harder at school..maybe i could move on up to a piss stained lobbied apartment in Abu Dhabi centre..
Theres one down the road from me you might be able to afford, its only got another year left before they pull it down. Some of the windows are boarded up but half of it still looks nice (ish) it would probably just be within your "builders" housinging allowance..... better than that shed you are living in now eh!
Old May 22nd 2008, 9:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Theres one down the road from me you might be able to afford, its only got another year left before they pull it down. Some of the windows are boarded up but half of it still looks nice (ish) it would probably just be within your "builders" housinging allowance..... better than that shed you are living in now eh!
yipee, where is it....and more importantly, when are you getting evicted from it for non payment of rent and not taking your turn to scrub urine from the stairwell
Old May 22nd 2008, 10:11 am
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute

i used to live near a place like that on airport road (a couple of years ago.)
Old May 22nd 2008, 10:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by coffindodger
i used to live near a place like that on airport road (a couple of years ago.)

did you ever trip over Twinkle as she was scrubbing the stairs...
Old May 22nd 2008, 11:47 am
Here comes the Sun

did you ever trip over Twinkle as she was scrubbing the stairs...
Oi Riff Raff!.....You calling me a scubber....
Old May 25th 2008, 6:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Oi Riff Raff!.....You calling me a scubber....

yes