Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Residency Visa Question

Residency Visa Question

Old Dec 7th 2004, 1:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Calgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really nice
Question Residency Visa Question

To all the intelligent ppl,

My question is if I get a residency visa from an employer and I moved to dubai. After 3 months I decided to get a business( remember when u get the business u get the visa as well) . So can I change the employer after I get my business visa without getting ban for 6 months?
I hope that I explained the question well.

Thanks

Khan
Old Dec 7th 2004, 5:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Calgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really niceCalgarian is just really nice
Default Re: Residency Visa Question

No answers yet?
Old Dec 7th 2004, 5:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

DubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud of

So sorry Khan!! I was going to answer but I had to run off to tend to dubaiexpat's daughter and help her with her homework and so forgot! Do forgive me!

Now I may be so totally wrong here, but if you come in on your employer's visa but then you start your own business and get your own visa, I don't think you should get a ban. The ban AFAIK is only stops you from working for six months, but it should not stop you from getting your business visa and continuing as normal. Can somebody back me up?
Also I have heard a shag or money given to the correct hands can get rid of a ban
Old Dec 7th 2004, 5:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DubaiExpat
So sorry Khan!! I was going to answer but I had to run off to tend to dubaiexpat's daughter and help her with her homework and so forgot! Do forgive me!

Now I may be so totally wrong here, but if you come in on your employer's visa but then you start your own business and get your own visa, I don't think you should get a ban. The ban AFAIK is only stops you from working for six months, but it should not stop you from getting your business visa and continuing as normal. Can somebody back me up?
Also I have heard a shag or money given to the correct hands can get rid of a ban
The reason for this question was to find out If I have a business and I came here on a emplyer visa can I change employer.

Khan

Last edited by Calgarian; Dec 7th 2004 at 5:52 pm.
Old Dec 7th 2004, 6:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

DubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud of

I'm not quite sure I understand. Are you saying can you change from employer 1 to employer 2 even though you have a biz, so can have a biz visa?
Old Dec 7th 2004, 6:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

I'm not quite sure I understand. Are you saying can you change from employer 1 to employer 2 even though you have a biz, so can have a biz visa?
Sorry for the confusion. Say I accepted a job in Dubai got the visa,move there got the business now the question is can I change employers without getting ban because I already have a visa from my business. In summary my question is can I have a job and a business? and if yes can I change employers without getting ban? does this help sorry not be clear.

Khan
Old Dec 8th 2004, 1:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Calgarian
Sorry for the confusion. Say I accepted a job in Dubai got the visa,move there got the business now the question is can I change employers without getting ban because I already have a visa from my business. In summary my question is can I have a job and a business? and if yes can I change employers without getting ban? does this help sorry not be clear.

Khan
Did I explain myself well enough?

Khan
Old Dec 8th 2004, 1:52 pm
Simply Brilliant

Cherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really nice

Did I explain myself well enough?

Khan
Hello Khan. How are you?

I think I understand your question but I would imagine there is no clear answer because most people behave in a normal fashion and either run a business or work for an employer.

But I would guess you would not get banned, as you have to invest a considerable sum of money to set up a business and get the visa, so with that being the case I imagine they wouldn't boot you out and ban you...
Old Dec 8th 2004, 1:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cherrypie
Hello Khan. How are you?

I think I understand your question but I would imagine there is no clear answer because most people behave in a normal fashion and either run a business or work for an employer.

But I would guess you would not get banned, as you have to invest a considerable sum of money to set up a business and get the visa, so with that being the case I imagine they wouldn't boot you out and ban you...

Cherrypie!!!!! HELLOOOOOOOOOO Bless, where have you been darling?!!
Old Dec 8th 2004, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hello Khan. How are you?

But I would guess you would not get banned, as you have to invest a considerable sum of money to set up a business and get the visa, so with that being the case I imagine they wouldn't boot you out and ban you
God is glad to have u back . I thought u died cause of ramadhan and stuff . I will sent u an email regarding what I did. No they didnt ban me . So doing business and job will make me abnormal....r u calling me abnormal ...lol. My wife is saying the same thing for a long time with my parents so get in line lady.
Khan

Last edited by Calgarian; Dec 8th 2004 at 2:24 pm.
Old Dec 8th 2004, 2:50 pm
Simply Brilliant

Cherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really nice

Cherrypie!!!!! HELLOOOOOOOOOO Bless, where have you been darling?!!
HELLO! LOL! I have been spending time in the real world

Problem with these boards is that they move too fast and unless you visit reasonably regularly, it's not as much fun...

Also, I am no longer in Dubai...so am not much use to anyone...(sob)
Old Dec 8th 2004, 2:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

HELLO! LOL! I have been spending time in the real world

Problem with these boards is that they move too fast and unless you visit reasonably regularly, it's not as much fun...

Also, I am no longer in Dubai...so am not much use to anyone...(sob)
Hey whats wrong with u going into real world.........
Anyway I sent u an email hopefully u will get it soon and glad to know that u r alive.
Khan
Old Dec 8th 2004, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

MCA27 will become famous soon enoughMCA27 will become famous soon enough

most people behave in a normal fashion and either run a business or work for an employer.
you'd be surpised. a lot of people have set up in the free zones purely for the residency visa and have then done various other things......this is what the free zones are trying to cut down on as they are apparently fully booked but there are not as many people in the offices as there should be (and i am referring to the smaller companies here)
Old Dec 8th 2004, 3:01 pm
Simply Brilliant

God is glad to have u back . I thought u died cause of ramadhan and stuff I will sent u an email regarding what I did. No they didnt ban me . So doing business and job will make me abnormal....r u calling me abnormal lol. My wife is saying the same thing for a long time with my parents so get in line lady.
Khan
You thought I died! Has anyone ever died from Ramadan??

I think I have been replying to your e-mails... ...though cannot be sure. My email replies can be erratic. Either I don't reply at all or go on for ever...

I see you are touchy, as usual. I 'm not calling you abnormal- though your situation may be somewhat.

More than happy to get in line if you'll stand with me
Old Dec 8th 2004, 3:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

You thought I died! Has anyone ever died from Ramadan??

I think I have been replying to your e-mails... ...though cannot be sure. My email replies can be erratic. Either I don't reply at all or go on for ever...

I see you are touchy, as usual. I 'm not calling you abnormal- though your situation may be somewhat.

More than happy to get in line if you'll stand with me
alright i was joking madam ...u should know by now i am not touchy. if u dont u should b4 u stand beside me in line .
yes i got replies from u...thank you.
Khan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.