Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Request From A Woman

Request From A Woman

Old Jun 8th 2005, 5:13 pm
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Request From A Woman

(My missus actually)

Is there a problem with Moths here, and where can she buy mothballs.

*hangs head in shame, get's coat. Leaves
Old Jun 8th 2005, 5:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of
Default Re: Request From A Woman

Originally Posted by MJC
(My missus actually)

You should get them at any supermarket,and also,dont wear your coat,it could also have moths lurking in it
Old Jun 8th 2005, 5:18 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

If it's a problem, use dried lavendar....does the same trick and smells nicer...
Old Jun 8th 2005, 6:53 pm
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MJC
(My missus actually)

A little birdy told me that its your wallet not the missus coat.........try exposing it to the atmosphere more often and shaking the contents around...This generally works and also allows the cobwebs to dissipate incase thers any nasty little red backs lurking in there!!

TRIN
Old Jun 9th 2005, 2:46 am
Super freak

American Mom is a name known to allAmerican Mom is a name known to allAmerican Mom is a name known to allAmerican Mom is a name known to allAmerican Mom is a name known to allAmerican Mom is a name known to allAmerican Mom is a name known to allAmerican Mom is a name known to allAmerican Mom is a name known to allAmerican Mom is a name known to allAmerican Mom is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Bob
If it's a problem, use dried lavendar....does the same trick and smells nicer...
Also, moth balls emit a toxic gas....... Not good for you or the air around you.

AM
Old Jun 9th 2005, 4:31 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by American Mom
Also, moth balls emit a toxic gas....... Not good for you or the air around you.
That's the plus of using them...they get you high *l*
Old Jun 9th 2005, 5:14 am

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MJC
(My missus actually)

I wouldn't say that they are a problem but yes they are around, in the winter months mainly (from what I have noticed) though the ones that I have come across are not your bog standard moths!

These have a wing span (side to side) of 4" , they are usually greyish in color, with bodies about 2" long, harmless though when disturbed they let of a high pitch shrill.......... we had a garden at the time and were often found resting in the sleeves of clothes on the washing line..........
Old Jun 9th 2005, 5:37 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

erm thanks,

I don't think I'll mention the size to her though, cos as everyone knows size does matter!!

Originally Posted by Heart of gold
I wouldn't say that they are a problem but yes they are around, in the winter months mainly (from what I have noticed) though the ones that I have come across are not your bog standard moths!

These have a wing span (side to side) of 4" , they are usually greyish in color, with bodies about 2" long, harmless though when disturbed they let of a high pitch shrill.......... we had a garden at the time and were often found resting in the sleeves of clothes on the washing line..........