Rents in 2007

Old Aug 2nd 2006, 1:09 pm
Just Joined

BMW 318i is a name known to allBMW 318i is a name known to allBMW 318i is a name known to allBMW 318i is a name known to allBMW 318i is a name known to allBMW 318i is a name known to allBMW 318i is a name known to allBMW 318i is a name known to allBMW 318i is a name known to allBMW 318i is a name known to allBMW 318i is a name known to all
Default Rents in 2007

What do you think will be happening to rents in 2007? I personally think rents for villas are either going to remain at current levels or increase, whereas rents for apartments will fall due to the flood of ones being released in the Marina and Jumeira Beach Residence. Of course, this could just be b*llocks and we might see rents rise up by another 30% on the back of a similar increase this year :scared:
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 5:22 pm
W10

Default Re: Rents in 2007

if - as in the case of the Marina - speculators (who make up most of the market here) leave their block purchases empty and few apartments make it onto the rentals market.

Then apartment rentals won't fall

Old Aug 2nd 2006, 5:45 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
if - as in the case of the Marina - speculators (who make up most of the market here) leave their block purchases empty and few apartments make it onto the rentals market.

Then apartment rentals won't fall
Hate to say it again - but I agree with Meestar W10 again. I don't see rents falling in the next year or even more.

Leveling off is possible but only after a while. Falling rents will be a culture shock that Dubai doesn't want to face quite yet even though 80% of population does...
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 6:37 pm
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

There's a school of thought that holds that ratification of the property law will give the green light to foreign organisations of some description (property trusts? Can't remember) to enter the market and buy up the speculators' stock, for the specific purpose of making money by getting tenants in to them.