Reload this Page >

renew the UK driving licence

renew the UK driving licence

Old Sep 24th 2018, 6:37 pm
Just Joined

LondonRedRaider is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: renew the UK driving licence

Originally Posted by everested
It is illegal to renew it from outside of the UK but loads do it using a residential address (parent etc) in the UK. I did it a few months ago as i had no licence here for yrs but is getting harder to blag the cops. Even though i had a new passport a month before sent here i still got my licence issued and no problems. That said it might be good to get a local licence also.
Due to the fact that the renewal is now connected to the Government Gateway ID, if you have been using this for income tax purposes, it recognises that you are no longer resident in the UK and therefore denies your application to renew.
Old Oct 25th 2018, 2:49 am
Just Joined

SpanishFlu is an unknown quantity at this point

Have just renewed my DL online - special page for those over 70 was used - had to reset Government ID as could not remember the reset questions.
Old licence has to be sent into Swansea in 2 after cutting. (this might be a prerequisite for the new one although it does not say online). You have got the option to renew without the old one.
Dont hold your breath as new licence has not yet been received!
Info required was:
Address(s) for past 3 years at least
Telephone number was not insisted upon.
NI number
Passport Number
New password,
Three new reset questions and answers.
email
New Gov ID provided. Relogged in with new details and progress of past applications were listed from 10years.
Old Oct 25th 2018, 4:17 am
BE Enthusiast

hong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SpanishFlu
Have just renewed my DL online - special page for those over 70 was used - had to reset Government ID as could not remember the reset questions.
Old licence has to be sent into Swansea in 2 after cutting. (this might be a prerequisite for the new one although it does not say online). You have got the option to renew without the old one.
Dont hold your breath as new licence has not yet been received!
Info required was:
Address(s) for past 3 years at least
Telephone number was not insisted upon.
NI number
Passport Number
New password,
Three new reset questions and answers.
email
New Gov ID provided. Relogged in with new details and progress of past applications were listed from 10years.
Did you give a UK address or an overseas address ?