Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Remortgaging UK house while working in Dubai

Remortgaging UK house while working in Dubai

Old Mar 20th 2009, 12:55 pm
meonline

meonline is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Remortgaging UK house while working in Dubai

Apologies in advance if this has already been raised but I am looking to find out if I can still get a mortgage on my house back in the UK which is due to renew this autumn. I am travelling back to the UK this June to arrange the remortgage. Any tips and advice would be greatly beneficial. Thanks.
Old Mar 20th 2009, 1:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Remortgaging UK house while working in Dubai

Originally Posted by meonline
Apologies in advance if this has already been raised but I am looking to find out if I can still get a mortgage on my house back in the UK which is due to renew this autumn. I am travelling back to the UK this June to arrange the remortgage. Any tips and advice would be greatly beneficial. Thanks.
Contact the lender(s) prior to meeting them to ascertain what form of 'proof of income' they require.

That's usually the tricky bit, as you are overseas.
Old Mar 20th 2009, 7:10 pm
Not Dun Roaming Just Yet

Kenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant futureKenny and Moe has a brilliant future

Don't tell em you live overseas, simple really.......
Old Mar 20th 2009, 7:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kenny and Moe
Don't tell em you live overseas, simple really.......
They'll ask for proof of income.........

A letter or payslip from "XYZ Corporation, Dubai" might be a bit of a giveaway..........
Old Mar 21st 2009, 3:33 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
They'll ask for proof of income.........

A letter or payslip from "XYZ Corporation, Dubai" might be a bit of a giveaway..........
..unless kenny and Moe will give you a mortgage..
Old Mar 21st 2009, 7:06 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meonline
There are options for re-mortgaging from Dubai using an offshore or overseas bank...you'll be hard pressed to cover up the fact that you live and work in Dubai from UK banks and to be honest even if you did it's dishonest and might get you in trouble.

That aside you can probably get better rates if you shop around the offshore mortgage market depending on your property.

PM me if you need any further info - I know a couple of good mortgage brokers who are UAE based...would be happy to pass you over to them.

N.
Old Mar 21st 2009, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

Thunderbirds Are Go is on a distinguished road

will this be the same as if someone went for a remotgae, but buy to let option?
Old Mar 21st 2009, 10:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Thunderbirds Are Go
will this be the same as if someone went for a remotgae, but buy to let option?
Can you still get buy-to-let mortgages?
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 10:07 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Can you still get buy-to-let mortgages?
As an expat, buy to let has virtually disappeared.
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 1:35 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
There are options for re-mortgaging from Dubai using an offshore or overseas bank...you'll be hard pressed to cover up the fact that you live and work in Dubai from UK banks and to be honest even if you did it's dishonest and might get you in trouble.

That aside you can probably get better rates if you shop around the offshore mortgage market depending on your property.

PM me if you need any further info - I know a couple of good mortgage brokers who are UAE based...would be happy to pass you over to them.

N.
can i just comment on Normans credentials here. I asked the question a year ago and Norm put me in touch with a company. I got an offshore mortgage for a property in the UK and have had no problems whatsoever. Really good advice and a good deal from the bank.
Old Mar 22nd 2009, 3:54 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
can i just comment on Normans credentials here. I asked the question a year ago and Norm put me in touch with a company. I got an offshore mortgage for a property in the UK and have had no problems whatsoever. Really good advice and a good deal from the bank.
I also had a mortgage agreed last year, all agreed on a buy to let basis, all I needed to do was find a house and subject to valuation; done deal.

Can't even get people to talk now. All dried up.

Norm, I'd be interested in any recommendations you might have.