Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Relationship counselling - Saudi style......

Relationship counselling - Saudi style......

Old Nov 20th 2007, 4:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Relationship counselling - Saudi style......

Move over, Dr. Phil, there's a new relationship expert in town.

He's Saudi author and cleric, "Dr." Muhammad Al-'Arifi, who in a remarkable segment broadcast on Saudi and Kuwaiti television in September, counseled young Muslim men on how to treat their future wives.

"Admonish them – once, twice, three times, four times, ten times," he advised. "If this doesn't help, refuse to share their beds."

And if that doesn't work?

"Beat them," one of his three young advisees responded.

"That's right," Al-'Arifi said.

He goes on to calmly explain to the young men that hitting their future wives in the face is a no-no.

"Beating in the face is forbidden, even when it comes to animals," he explained. "Even if you want your camel or donkey to start walking, you are not allowed to beat it in the face. If this is true for animals, it is all the more true when it comes to humans. So beatings should be light and not in the face."

"Woman, it has gone too far. I can't bear it anymore," he tells the men to tell their wives. "If he beats her, the beatings must be light and must not make her face ugly."

"He must beat her where it will not leave marks. He should not beat her on the hand... He should beat her in some places where it will not cause any damage. He should not beat her like he would beat an animal or a child -- slapping them right and left.

"Unfortunately, many husbands beat their wives only when they get mad, and when they start beating, it as if they are punching a wall – they beat with their hands, right and left, and sometimes use their feet. Brother, it is a human being you are beating. This is forbidden. He must not do this."

Old Nov 20th 2007, 4:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Relationship counselling - Saudi style......

Originally Posted by The Dean

He's Saudi author and cleric, "Dr." Muhammad Al-'Arifi, who in a remarkable segment broadcast on Saudi and Kuwaiti television in September, counseled young Muslim men on how to treat their future wives.

"Admonish them – once, twice, three times, four times, ten times," he advised. "If this doesn't help, refuse to share their beds."

He goes on to calmly explain to the young men that hitting their future wives in the face is a no-no.

"Beating in the face is forbidden, even when it comes to animals," he explained. "Even if you want your camel or donkey to start walking, you are not allowed to beat it in the face. If this is true for animals, it is all the more true when it comes to humans. So beatings should be light and not in the face."

"Woman, it has gone too far. I can't bear it anymore," he tells the men to tell their wives. "If he beats her, the beatings must be light and must not make her face ugly."

"He must beat her where it will not leave marks. He should not beat her on the hand... He should beat her in some places where it will not cause any damage. He should not beat her like he would beat an animal or a child -- slapping them right and left.

"Unfortunately, many husbands beat their wives only when they get mad, and when they start beating, it as if they are punching a wall – they beat with their hands, right and left, and sometimes use their feet. Brother, it is a human being you are beating. This is forbidden. He must not do this."

think this is where his advice starts not to be credible...

MM, xx
Old Nov 20th 2007, 4:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
think this is where his advice starts not to be credible...

MM, xx
Yes, yes......... see what you mean, see what you mean.....

....... but I'm very impressed when he suggests (at least I think he does) that the men should not beat the women as hard as they would beat a child....... good heavens, no.....
Old Nov 20th 2007, 5:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Hope the moron will be reborn as a Saudi woman who's husband will take to this advise.
Old Nov 20th 2007, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

maranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to allmaranelloman is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Lady Lou
Hope the moron will be reborn as a Saudi woman who's husband will take to this advise.
Old Nov 21st 2007, 4:07 am
Greying Member

Rog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of lightRog_Rams is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by The Dean

Personally, I find mutual spanking to be the cure to any relationship ills.....

(I'm standing as I type this you understand!)
Old Nov 21st 2007, 3:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

To be able to take off running
Old Nov 21st 2007, 3:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rog_Rams
Personally, I find mutual spanking to be the cure to any relationship ills.....

(I'm standing as I type this you understand!)
bending over, non...??

MM, xx
Old Nov 21st 2007, 3:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ah, I see.....
Old Nov 21st 2007, 3:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lady Lou
Ah, I see.....
Please tick the box "Quote message in reply"...All my neighbours are fighting with one another,each one's saying that Lady Lou is referring to them...
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 9:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Confucius
Please tick the box "Quote message in reply"...All my neighbours are fighting with one another,each one's saying that Lady Lou is referring to them...
We don't want any fighting now, do we...
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 6:44 pm
Banned

Big Geezer has a brilliant futureBig Geezer has a brilliant futureBig Geezer has a brilliant futureBig Geezer has a brilliant futureBig Geezer has a brilliant futureBig Geezer has a brilliant futureBig Geezer has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
bending over, non...??

MM, xx
OOOOOh I say !

Can you touch your toes ? Oui?

( Ouch ! )
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 9:03 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Geezer
OOOOOh I say !

Can you touch your toes ? Oui?

( Ouch ! )

Trying hard cos you is new......but only one ars*hole about.
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 9:14 pm
Banned

Big Geezer has a brilliant futureBig Geezer has a brilliant futureBig Geezer has a brilliant futureBig Geezer has a brilliant futureBig Geezer has a brilliant futureBig Geezer has a brilliant futureBig Geezer has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Eva
Trying hard cos you is new......but only one ars*hole about.
Oh come on Eva, just having a bit of fun.

Or am I travelling down a rocky road ?

Why am I an ARSehole ? You don't even know me!
Old Nov 24th 2007, 3:36 am
live life to the max

mythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond reputemythic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big Geezer
Oh come on Eva, just having a bit of fun.

Or am I travelling down a rocky road ?

Why am I an ARSehole ? You don't even know me!
oh just B -have sarcy mare, ooops sorry sarcy guy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.