Reload this Page >

Registration Of Last Will and Testament in Qatar

Registration Of Last Will and Testament in Qatar

Old Nov 22nd 2020, 4:45 am
Just Joined

slytrellis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Registration Of Last Will and Testament in Qatar

Hi,

Does anyone know the process of registering a Will in Qatar. I have a UK will but want to ensure that it is registered in Qatar to ensure that it is followed.

I can't seem to find any definitive info (surprise surprise..).

I have read on some sites that it needs to be attested in the UK but on others that it doesn't.
Has anyone got any actual experience of the process?
Old Nov 22nd 2020, 2:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Registration Of Last Will and Testament in Qatar

Where are your assets ? Probably not in Qatar !
Old Nov 23rd 2020, 11:31 am
Just Joined

slytrellis is an unknown quantity at this point

Actually yes some of them are... Cars, Furniture, Bank Accounts, ESB all in Qatar... Not to mention my family...

If you aren't going to comment with helpful advice then maybe don't comment at all....
Old Nov 23rd 2020, 4:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Trying to save some hassle. When i worked in the ME many of my colleague had nothing at all in the ME

If you ask for advice, you should take the good with the bad That WOULD be sly !
Old Nov 23rd 2020, 8:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Try one of these - List of lawyers in Qatar - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
Old Nov 24th 2020, 6:51 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

I think scot47 may have a 'reasonable' point.

Have you considered a joint account with the wife ?
Furniture would be hers automatically (make sure the rental agreement covers both names on the agreement)
ESB - HR (usually) gives a paper which allows you to give your next of kin (we had a recent case when someone unreasonably decided to kick the bucket and his wife came to pick up his ESB cheque)

The above options maybe cheaper than going to a leech lawyer