Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Reem Island Accommodation Help Please

Reem Island Accommodation Help Please

Old May 15th 2012, 2:18 pm
Just Joined

A-Lionking is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Reem Island Accommodation Help Please

A pregnant me and my husband have been in Abu Dhabi for a week. We have been being put up by the company at the Grand Millennium Al Wahda for the first month. His office is near the Corniche area. Hubby's accommodation allowance is around 150-152K. We are interested in renting out a 2 bed apartment or villa.

Apartment:

1. Which are the best apartment building on the Reem Island? Is it the RAK, Sun, Sky or Marina towers? Are they nicely maintained and services?

2. Is there a spinneys, laundry shop and a pharmacy on the Reem Island island? How easy it is to find cabs on the island?

3. Is Etihad towers worth a look?

Villas

What are our options?

I should be grateful for any steer.

Sam
Old May 15th 2012, 2:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reem Island Accommodation Help Please

Had a look around the Sun & Sky the other week and i was really impressed. It's easy to get to the Corniche and will only get easier once Salaam is finished. I know 2 couples who live there, one who have been here for years and fancied a change and other newcomers.

Waitrose is apparently opening next month.

Eithad is worth a look but i'm not sure about their facilities and know the 2 couples above looked at them too.

You would need to top up your allowance for villas on island. I think there are villas at Al Reef for that budget but that's near the airport.
Old May 15th 2012, 2:40 pm
Just Joined

Thank you Al Dente. This is most helpful. We will look up Sun and Sky and Etihad for starters.
Old May 15th 2012, 3:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

No worries. How you doing regarding ante natal? I've had two babies over the past two years and have done it once privately and then through the public hospital. PM if you have any questions.
Old May 15th 2012, 5:46 pm
Just Joined

Fourth month in and that is next on the list. I will surely ping you for advice. So kind of you.