Ramadamadingdong

Old Jul 27th 2010, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

thecentennial is on a distinguished road
Default Ramadamadingdong

Ok, so I want a 3-4 day break over Ramadan - any recommendations? I live in Riyadh, wife & kids away until September. Was thinking Bahrain or Dubai..?

What's everyone else doing?
Old Jul 27th 2010, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Ramadamadingdong

Originally Posted by thecentennial
Ok, so I want a 3-4 day break over Ramadan - any recommendations? I live in Riyadh, wife & kids away until September. Was thinking Bahrain or Dubai..?

Thinking about it - wont it also be ramadan in Bahrain and Dubai? Hence no bars/restaraunts open through the day?
Old Jul 27th 2010, 9:50 am
Not an evil hypnotist

typical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond reputetypical has a reputation beyond repute

Thinking about it - wont it also be ramadan in Bahrain and Dubai? Hence no bars/restaraunts open through the day?
Yes, and no music in the evenings (at least in Dubai).

Go to Beirut?
Old Jul 27th 2010, 9:53 am
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute

Yes all Beer outlets will be closed in daylight hours.
In Dubai most places will be open after Ifta Prayers
Bahrain all outlets will be closed for all of the Ramajam war this year.

So you really need to think about out of the midle east area.
Shame Goa is still in the monsoon season !!
Why not Cyprus it is half way between here and the UK.

Have the best of both worlds have the family join you out there and a holiday for all.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 10:02 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I will be working through Ramadan but probably only 9am-2pm so life will be actually better than usual.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lionheart
Well I will be working through Ramadan but probably only 9am-2pm so life will be actually better than usual.
Never thought about Cyprus, went there when I was a youngster - will look into it..thanks Pete
Old Jul 27th 2010, 11:15 am
Down and out

ctfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond repute

If you stay in a 5* resort in Dubai eg. Jumeirah group, there are restaurants open during the day. No alcohol before sunset but they'll ensure your minibar is well stocked to keep you going and you can order anything you want on room service I believe.

Will be expensive though - peak prices.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 12:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Cham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to beholdCham128 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by typical
Yes, and no music in the evenings (at least in Dubai).

Go to Beirut?
I would second that!
Old Jul 27th 2010, 1:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ctfc
Will be expensive though - peak prices.
Really? I always go away during Ramajam and it's dirt cheap. Eid however... now that is expensive.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

Dilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud of

You could also try Sharm El Sheikh.
Close by, cheap, lots of bars, nightclubs and restaurants
Old Jul 27th 2010, 1:38 pm
Down and out

ctfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
Really? I always go away during Ramajam and it's dirt cheap. Eid however... now that is expensive.
Quite right - was confusing the price issue with Eid
Old Jul 27th 2010, 1:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

coffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond reputecoffindodger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dilmun
You could also try Sharm El Sheikh.
Close by, cheap, lots of bars, nightclubs and restaurants
Yes but it still under the Ramajam law isnt it.
Get away from the sand pit. to a non Muslim country.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 1:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Why not visit the wife and kids?
Old Jul 27th 2010, 2:02 pm
Down and out

If you really want the most un-Ramadan experience possible, Burning Man should just about do it... http://www.burningman.com/
Old Jul 27th 2010, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

Dilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by coffindodger
Yes but it still under the Ramajam law isnt it.
Get away from the sand pit. to a non Muslim country.
Is it? I thought they are in Sharm a bit more relaxed. Hardly any locals there, mainly tourists from Europe.

Just checked. They still serve alcohol also in broad daylight in the Hotel Resorts. Outside they serve in the nighttime.
We found Sharm to be the perfect getaway from Jeddah for a weekend. It's hardly one hour flight time. And Saudi Airlines and Nasair have always good offers.

Last edited by Dilmun; Jul 27th 2010 at 2:25 pm. Reason: Update

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.