radio stations

Old Jun 9th 2007, 10:26 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default radio stations

Right I am an avid listener of 103.8 - I turn on for the business breakfast - always brilliant, followed by speakeasy with Nan and Vic (but they are both off air at moment) so got Geoff and Sarah Jane - very entertaining. Then Siobhan - lovely lady! then I switch off. Something has gone disastrously wrong with that channel, Saturday extra with John Deykin has vanished!!!! as has the classical show and the arts programme. Today's book review show was dire with Isobel in the UK and doing her link on the telephone!! I switched off it was so boring, 12 Noon onwards - music, ads, music, ads, music ads, and now there is some arab woman and her guest discussing the merits of vision within islamic studies etc. I normally find discussion relating to religion interesting but this is plain confusing

what do you listen to and why?
Old Jun 9th 2007, 10:35 am
Here comes the Sun

twinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: radio stations

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
Right I am an avid listener of 103.8 - I turn on for the business breakfast - always brilliant, followed by speakeasy with Nan and Vic (but they are both off air at moment) so got Geoff and Sarah Jane - very entertaining. Then Siobhan - lovely lady! then I switch off. Something has gone disastrously wrong with that channel, Saturday extra with John Deykin has vanished!!!! as has the classical show and the arts programme. Today's book review show was dire with Isobel in the UK and doing her link on the telephone!! I switched off it was so boring, 12 Noon onwards - music, ads, music, ads, music ads, and now there is some arab woman and her guest discussing the merits of vision within islamic studies etc. I normally find discussion relating to religion interesting but this is plain confusing

what do you listen to and why?
Sky t.v the world sumit was much more exciting ..Ole george had a tummy upset yesterday...
Old Jun 9th 2007, 10:50 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

madam dominates the telly that is why I listen to so much radio
Old Jun 9th 2007, 11:33 am
Concierge

none of the above is true! I never listen to the radio!!!!
Old Jun 9th 2007, 11:36 am
Pog mo thoin

Miss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond repute

none of the above is true! I never listen to the radio!!!!
and you don't live in Al Barsha, right?

I mean, you can't believe everything you read these days, can you?
Old Jun 9th 2007, 11:37 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Miss Eck
and you don't live in Al Barsha, right?

I mean, you can't believe everything you read these days, can you?
nope I don't live in Al Barsha, never had, we moved to Emirates Hills months ago - ask Jammy he has been round.
Old Jun 9th 2007, 11:40 am
Pog mo thoin

Miss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond repute

nope I don't live in Al Barsha, never had, we moved to Emirates Hills months ago - ask Jammy he has been round.
oh yes, I remember him saying he was going around for a chip supper
Old Jun 9th 2007, 11:41 am
Concierge

nah we had a chinese!!!
Old Jun 9th 2007, 11:42 am
Concierge

PMSL!!! sorry bit slow today !
Old Jun 9th 2007, 1:48 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Radio 1, 104.5....
Old Jun 9th 2007, 2:13 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by MataHari
Radio 1, 104.5....
Thanks MH I will try that tomorrow
Old Jun 10th 2007, 4:36 pm
W10

I listen to 103.8 sometimes because I have to.

It's the best of a bad bunch, but 2 minute long bumpers every 15 minutes and endless bloomberg features with little local relevance smack of filling dead air.

The male presenter asks the odd decent question.

This is an award winning programme apparently, as I drove to work this morning I caught 10 seconds of it and then listened intently as it appeared they were recorded an off air interview, but broadcasting it on air live...hahaha (this kind of thing happens all the time apparently, leaving the faders up during the break is pretty common on Dubai stations)

Old Jun 10th 2007, 4:45 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks MH I will try that tomorrow
make that 104.1....
Old Jun 11th 2007, 4:30 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
make that 104.1....
Thunder 103.5 - WTBT FM
Classic Rock
Old Jun 11th 2007, 4:33 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by W10
I listen to 103.8 sometimes because I have to.

It's the best of a bad bunch, but 2 minute long bumpers every 15 minutes and endless bloomberg features with little local relevance smack of filling dead air.

The male presenter asks the odd decent question.

This is an award winning programme apparently, as I drove to work this morning I caught 10 seconds of it and then listened intently as it appeared they were recorded an off air interview, but broadcasting it on air live...hahaha (this kind of thing happens all the time apparently, leaving the faders up during the break is pretty common on Dubai stations)
the business breakfast won an award last year, personally I think Nannette and Victoria deserved it for Speakeasy. That Brandi Scott on the business breakfast can be a bit in your face