Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Quick update for those that helped with advice a while ago..

Quick update for those that helped with advice a while ago..

Old May 3rd 2010, 1:10 pm
Forum Regular

DrBert is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Quick update for those that helped with advice a while ago..

Just a quick update as per the title of the thread. Had been considering an offer in Dubai which dropped onto my lap completely out of the blue and about the same time that a competitor of my firm approached me for another role in the south of France.

To cut a long story short, the Dubai offer wasn't as good as it first looked - lots initially promised but when I did some digging it just didn't stack up. So since I am in the middle of a year long contract that would take me some time to extract myself from I'm staying put in the UK for a while. I will however be in Dubai a couple of times over the next few months so will keep half an eye on this forum and see if it co-incides with any drinks that anyone's organising. I'm still keen on a move so the more info the better.

Huge thanks in the meantime to all who posted advice and information
Old May 3rd 2010, 1:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quick update for those that helped with advice a while ago..

France

next question...
Old May 3rd 2010, 3:04 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saudiflares
France

next question...
yeah, hmmm, let me think... Dubai or south of France? Hmmm... soooo difficult.

I wish we'd had that kind of choice!
Old May 3rd 2010, 5:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty
yeah, hmmm, let me think... Dubai or south of France? Hmmm... soooo difficult.

I wish we'd had that kind of choice!
you are kidding right? living in france would be a proxy for hell for me - unless of course the french packed up and left.
Old May 3rd 2010, 6:04 pm

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
you are kidding right? living in france would be a proxy for hell for me - unless of course the french packed up and left.
I would love to work in South of France, I find the French in general nice people, there are exceptions of course as there are everywhere and no more so than here, the Parisians though are a different kettle of fish!
Old May 3rd 2010, 6:37 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
hehe - I lived there for 7 years, and would gladly go back! Saying that, wages in my line of work (no, not SAHM, but what I trained to do) are shocking... more shocking than in the UK, but heck... I've always worked to live and not the other way around - and France ties into that.
Old May 3rd 2010, 7:59 pm
Perky but sarky

lullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond repute

Mmmmm France is lovely.

My parents retired there a few years ago and love it. They live in the south.

I think the wine and the lifestyle swung it for them. Mind you, they ain't working so what's not to like? We've been going there every year since I was a teenager (back in the last ice age it feels) and it's just wonderful. Even three weeks camping last year was sublime!

Mmmmmm sparkling saumur, cotes du rhone, muscadet, sancerre, Chablis...
Old May 4th 2010, 10:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute

You wouldn't be able to wear your hijab's in France though......
Old May 4th 2010, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

Dilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lullabelle
Mmmmm France is lovely.

Mmmmmm sparkling saumur, cotes du rhone, muscadet, sancerre, Chablis...

Sounds like a lot of headache to me
Old May 4th 2010, 8:22 pm
Perky but sarky

lullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond reputelullabelle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dilmun
Sounds like a lot of headache to me
feels like one too
Old May 5th 2010, 6:01 am
Forum Regular

Dilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud ofDilmun has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lullabelle
feels like one too
Living in Saudi, I'd love to have such headache....
Old May 6th 2010, 5:58 am
Banned

lawyeradviceldb is an unknown quantity at this point

good discussion guys,
my mind is not working now
Old May 6th 2010, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lawyeradviceldb
good discussion guys,
my mind is not working now
That's obvious