Quick thanks

Old Jul 1st 2010, 1:31 am
Just Joined

GreenApples is just really niceGreenApples is just really niceGreenApples is just really niceGreenApples is just really niceGreenApples is just really niceGreenApples is just really niceGreenApples is just really niceGreenApples is just really nice
Default Quick thanks

Dear All

I am a long time lurker, first time poster.

Just wanted to say a quick thanks to all those people that take the time to write informative posts about the various topics that arise on this forum from time to time.

I dont know if it gets said much, but people like myself appreciate the effort that goes into them. As it means that I for one can sit back here and keep myself abreast of whats going on in the Middle East relatively easily (which in turn makes information gathering easier for me - which I appreciate). The search facility on the forum alone has answered more than 1 question that I have had in the last few months!

So just wanted to say thanks !

Cheers
Simon
Old Jul 1st 2010, 4:12 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Quick thanks

How lovely.

Hope you enjoyed the bitching and fights too.
-
Old Jul 1st 2010, 4:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Good man. We try. I hope you have enjoyed my failed jokes.
Old Jul 1st 2010, 6:05 am
Just Joined

GreenApples is just really niceGreenApples is just really niceGreenApples is just really niceGreenApples is just really niceGreenApples is just really niceGreenApples is just really niceGreenApples is just really niceGreenApples is just really nice

Yes have definitely been kept amused by some of the posts! No doubt about that.
Old Jul 1st 2010, 7:09 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to see something nice said about the place
Old Jul 1st 2010, 7:12 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah...who paid you?
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 5:01 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Roadking
Yeah...who paid you?
ha ha ha

I suppose that over the months I have seen heaps of newbies introduce themselves on the forum and then straight away ask for Gospel and verse about whether they should move to the Middle East, whether they can save money, have a decent life, whats the price of milk etc etc. And I just thought it would be nice, by way of introduction, to actually thank all and sundry for their posts as they are informative (before I dive into some questions that have been asked a million times before.)
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 5:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GreenApples
ha ha ha

I suppose that over the months I have seen heaps of newbies introduce themselves on the forum and then straight away ask for Gospel and verse about whether they should move to the Middle East, whether they can save money, have a decent life, whats the price of milk etc etc. And I just thought it would be nice, by way of introduction, to actually thank all and sundry for their posts as they are informative (before I dive into some questions that have been asked a million times before.)
greenapples, you are just so cute we need to get you stuffed and hung up on the wall as a rare catch...

do carry on posting, we need more people like you...

MM, xx
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 5:24 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
we need to get you stuffed and hung up on the wall as a rare catch...

MM, xx
Being a keen fisherman I am a strong advocate of catch and release. So would prefer not to be wall mounted, (it would go against my fishing ethos)

Actually while I am on the subject (and noting that I am hijacking my own thread, by I am willing to live on the edge a little) does anyone know if there is much salt water fly fishing in the UAE. Google has been my friend and I have found a couple of sites about some people that fly fish and take charters, but are there any forum users that happen to fly fish, as I would be keen to hear what the fishing is like?

Last edited by GreenApples; Jul 2nd 2010 at 5:30 am.
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 8:37 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Being a keen fisherman I am a strong advocate of catch and release. So would prefer not to be wall mounted, (it would go against my fishing ethos)

Actually while I am on the subject (and noting that I am hijacking my own thread, by I am willing to live on the edge a little) does anyone know if there is much salt water fly fishing in the UAE. Google has been my friend and I have found a couple of sites about some people that fly fish and take charters, but are there any forum users that happen to fly fish, as I would be keen to hear what the fishing is like?
It would have been easier if you'd have just stuck to the standard newbie questions as we're very good at handling them (ie. 'try searching', 'read old posts', 'get real', etc), but a question about fly fishing??? Really?? No idea. Sorry.

Anyway. Welcome to the bored!
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 10:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by norsk
It would have been easier if you'd have just stuck to the standard newbie questions as we're very good at handling them (ie. 'try searching', 'read old posts', 'get real', etc), but a question about fly fishing??? Really?? No idea. Sorry.

I never knew you could do salt water fly fishing...

There are plently of filipenos who fish of the corniche in abu dhabi but I have a feeling that is for dinner and it's more maggot and string.
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 10:45 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by norsk

Thanks!
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 10:48 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
I never knew you could do salt water fly fishing...
Cant blame you for that EmiratesMillhouse... Its not the first thing that comes to mind when you think of the Middle East (or fly fishing for that matter.) But apparently its quite good in your part of the world.
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 11:19 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a dry fly fisher...but mainly Scottish rivers and burns for trout and grayling - and the occasional salmon that I let go.

If you really want to get your rod bent here in Dubai you can fly fish for sailfish and tuna. Season is manly between September and May.

Not many boat charters do fly fishing; however, this boat charter company does:

http://www.oceanactive.com/

Last edited by MacScot; Jul 2nd 2010 at 1:12 pm. Reason: sp.
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 11:59 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MacScot
I'm a dry fly fisher...but main Scottish rivers and burns for trout and grayling - and the occasional salmon that I let go.

If you really want to get your rod bent here in Dubai you can fly fish for sailfish and tuna. Season is manly between September and May.

Not many boat charters do fly fishing; however, this boat charter company does:

http://www.oceanactive.com/
How can you be a dry fly fisher? Surely as soon as the fly hits the water it becomes wet? So, you're a wet fly fisher which bring a whole new meaning to the phrase!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.