Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

quick Abu Dhabi Question....

quick Abu Dhabi Question....

Old Mar 24th 2008, 5:09 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default quick Abu Dhabi Question....

would love a quick recommendation for a Beach club to chill out at with my family on Friday.

Somewhere with a nice beach and somewhere for lunch...

Flying to UK at night so obviously the sale of alcoholic beverage is not a concern....

cheers in advance my fellow abu dhabians
Old Mar 24th 2008, 5:14 am
Banned

Sam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: quick Abu Dhabi Question....

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
would love a quick recommendation for a Beach club to chill out at with my family on Friday.

Flying to UK at night so obviously the sale of alcoholic beverage is not a concern....

The Hiltonia Beach Club, without a doubt. This has to be one of my favourite places on earth. Followed by lunch at Vasco's, which is in the same place.

I'm a member, so if you need someone to sign you in...
Old Mar 24th 2008, 5:18 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sam FTQ
The Hiltonia Beach Club, without a doubt. This has to be one of my favourite places on earth. Followed by lunch at Vasco's, which is in the same place.

I'm a member, so if you need someone to sign you in...
thanks, i have heard there is nice!!

Thanks for the offer of signing in, how much is it for non-members to enter for the day?

Unsure what time we would be arriving , what with the little 'un so we would just 'pay at the gate'

definately say hi if you are there though...
Old Mar 24th 2008, 5:27 am
Banned

Sam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond repute

how much is it for non-members to enter for the day?
I don't know, but my husband is going to the gym there this morning, so I've asked him to check. If you decide on lunch at Vasco's, you will need to book in advance. And you should ask for a table outside.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 5:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Chris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond reputeChris79 has a reputation beyond repute

You could also try the Al Raha Beach. I know it is a bit further out of town but the amenities are v gd. Went there for lunch yesterday
And.. if you have all your gear with you, you are close to the airport as well
Old Mar 24th 2008, 5:59 am
Forum Regular

niddy is on a distinguished road

It is 80 Dirham a person to get in.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 6:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Chris79
You could also try the Al Raha Beach. I know it is a bit further out of town but the amenities are v gd. Went there for lunch yesterday
And.. if you have all your gear with you, you are close to the airport as well
Cheers chris. We actually live right next to the al raha beach hotel. Been there a lot. We just fancy somewhere different.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by niddy
It is 80 Dirham a person to get in.
sorry, is that the Hiltonia or Al Raha?

cheers
Old Mar 26th 2008, 8:00 am
Forum Regular

niddy is on a distinguished road

80 for the Hiltonia. Not sure about Raha.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 8:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by niddy
80 for the Hiltonia. Not sure about Raha.
blimey, that's cheap for a beach club...!

MM, xx
Old Mar 26th 2008, 8:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
blimey, that's cheap for a beach club...!

MM, xx
thats what i was thinking, it looks lovely as well...Thats where we will be going then..

At that price, no need to sneak in as we do at ALL Dubai beach clubs...

You can take the man out of scotland...
Old Mar 26th 2008, 8:32 am
Banned

Sorry, but Niddy's talking rubbish. I have checked, and The Hiltonia is only open to hotel guests and members at the weekend.
Old Mar 26th 2008, 8:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Sorry, but Niddy's talking rubbish. I have checked, and The Hiltonia is only open to hotel guests and members at the weekend.
ahh well bugger that then....Cheers for saving me the embarrasment of turning up with child and getting turned away..

Plan B is called for
Old Mar 26th 2008, 8:45 am
Banned

ahh well bugger that then....Cheers for saving me the embarrasment of turning up with child and getting turned away..

Plan B is called for
What's Plan B, or is it a secret?
Old Mar 26th 2008, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

What's Plan B, or is it a secret?
im just formulating it now...bit pissed actually because it looked lovely.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.