Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Questions about Bahrain

Questions about Bahrain

Old May 9th 2012, 7:53 pm
Just Joined

Scottyboy86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Questions about Bahrain

Tockalosh If I can avoid troubled areas I definitely will be ha! Do you recommend against moving over?
Old May 10th 2012, 4:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scottyboy86
Tockalosh If I can avoid troubled areas I definitely will be ha! Do you recommend against moving over?
No you will be fine
Old May 10th 2012, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

camel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to all

Since you're single would recommend staying in Um Al Hassam, Adliya or Juffair (although sh** traffic and full of septics). Salary and benefits sound okay, you'll be fine. Do you know what area you will be working in? Brit Club is in Adliya as someone else mentioned and it's cheap food & beer so you'll be grand
Old May 11th 2012, 5:38 am
Just Joined

HertsBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Scottyboy86

Your salary sounds fine for someone your age, you will definitely be able to get a one bedroom apt for around 350-450 in Adliya or Juffair, and maybe a 2 bed but facilities may not be so good. Don't forget you will need at least 3 months rent up front, 2 months rent and 1 months deposit and it is a year lease on most apts. All apartments out here are a lot bigger than the ones in the UK so you will not be short of space. Also if expect to pay a little more you will get internet, cleaning service, good pool, good gym etc all inclusive. Make sure you get everything inclusive ie electricity and municipality.
For the car the lowest price for a rental is usually 160 -170BD a month and that will be a Nissan Tiida or Toyota Yaris. Its best to get a rental until you get to used to all the sh*t driving!!
I would join the Brit club as well 180BD a year plus 50BD one off joining fee cause like Camel Jockey says cheap lager, food, good pool, good gym (pay extra for this though). It has all UK football, rugby, sport on and there are plenty of UK expats to talk to there.
I have been here since January now at first its a bit like f**k me what am I doing here but once your working life settles down and you become more accustomed to life here its a good experience. I'm so glad I decided to come here as the UK is only going to get worse in my opinion and I don't just mean the economy, look at the bl***y weather!!
As for the trouble out here be prepared for demonstrations on a regular occurrence with road closures to make the traffic worse, the regular burning of tyres and rubbish blocking the highways and if your unlucky enough to be downwind the sweet smell of teargas, brings a tear to your eye, lol.
Anyway probably bored you by now but if you wanna know more give us a PM and maybe we can meet for a beer once you get here. Good luck