Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Questionable taste?

Questionable taste?

Old Mar 30th 2006, 4:55 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Questionable taste?

Living in Dubai, I'm sure most people will agree, you often see good examples of questionable taste. However, driving down Al Wasl road I noticed for the first time mock Tudor houses...am I the only one to think that this may be a little tacky?
Old Mar 30th 2006, 5:20 am
Forum Regular

barsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud ofbarsha barbie has much to be proud of
Default Re: Questionable taste?

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
Living in Dubai, I'm sure most people will agree, you often see good examples of questionable taste. However, driving down Al Wasl road I noticed for the first time mock Tudor houses...am I the only one to think that this may be a little tacky?
haha! they've been there for years! there are plenty of 'oh my lord, no!!!' buildings around huh!
Old Mar 30th 2006, 6:25 am

Welivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond reputeWelivehere has a reputation beyond repute

Tacky - Yes definitely
Unusual - Definitely not
Old Mar 30th 2006, 10:04 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

LOL Have you seen the Manar Mall in RAK?! It is a garish multicoloured building - purple, orange, green, mustard, blue.......what were they thinking
Old Mar 30th 2006, 11:17 pm
Remember

Desert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond repute

On the beach road there are a few houses with galloping horses coming out of the gables- that's classy!
Old Mar 31st 2006, 11:24 am
Sat on the fence ......

Rumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Desert Dweller
On the beach road there are a few houses with galloping horses coming out of the gables- that's classy!
What about Falcon House on Al Wasl Rd???

With the bright yellow falcon on top and they have even painted there pots etc to match truly a work of art

When they were gold they didn't look as bad but now eeeeeww!
Old Apr 1st 2006, 2:23 pm
Diarist

secretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to beholdsecretdubai is a splendid one to behold

The Mock Tudor houses are superb! They are directly opposite Gold Pigeon Castle as well. Friends live near there, and it's so easy to find their road - just look out for the hideously illuminated bird on the even uglier buildling.

I was going to do an April Fools on those Tudor Houses - take some pics, make them black and white and grainy, and title it: "Exhibition of Dubai's Tudor heritage".
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 7:45 am
The Brains

ray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to allray2gill is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Desert Dweller
Those poor horses have been trying to get out of that villa for years, poor things!

Have you seen the villa with the huge Falcon on the Wall, down Al Wasl Road? I'd hate to be underneath it if it took flight and did a whoopsy! :scared:
Old Apr 3rd 2006, 6:39 pm
W10

Questionable taste...wait until you see the new apartment when I've finished with it

Old Apr 3rd 2006, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

kbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant futurekbryant has a brilliant future

Sho Cho on a Thurs night
Old Apr 4th 2006, 4:05 am
Melts in your Mouth

Malteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
Questionable taste...wait until you see the new apartment when I've finished with it
R we all invited to see???
Old Apr 4th 2006, 2:13 pm
W10

You can have a private viewing.

I'm waiting for the quotes on a gold leaf bowling alley...

Old Apr 4th 2006, 3:34 pm
Melts in your Mouth

Malteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
You can have a private viewing.

I'm waiting for the quotes on a gold leaf bowling alley...

Hmmmmmmm..........

PMSL....................
Old Apr 4th 2006, 3:59 pm
W10

Myself and flatmates have absolutely no idea what to do with our living room.

It's fricking enormous. We already have 2 dining tables, two sofas, a bookshelf and a chest of drawers and it still looks empty.

Any suggestions?

Pool table is a must...but we're thinking of turning it into

1, An illegal drinking den
2, a dosshouse for labourers - we could get about 150 of the buggers into the living room.

Old Apr 4th 2006, 4:02 pm
Melts in your Mouth

Originally Posted by W10
Myself and flatmates have absolutely no idea what to do with our living room.

It's fricking enormous. We already have 2 dining tables, two sofas, a bookshelf and a chest of drawers and it still looks empty.

Any suggestions?

Pool table is a must...but we're thinking of turning it into

1, An illegal drinking den
2, a dosshouse for labourers - we could get about 150 of the buggers into the living room.
ice skating ring???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.