Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Question for Springs residents...

Question for Springs residents...

Old Apr 28th 2005, 5:23 am
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Question for Springs residents...

I was woken up at 8am today by a couple of guys at the door saying they had to change the filters in the air conditioning (or something). I wasn't expecting them and didn't have time, so they said they'd come back on Saturday.

Has anyone else had experience of this kind of thing? It was the fact that they were unannounced that made me a bit suspicious. I imagine they were probably on the level - if they were crooked they probably wouldn't have offered to come back at my convenience! - but I wanted to be sure.
Old Apr 28th 2005, 6:50 am
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question for Springs residents...

Originally Posted by GarethR
I was woken up at 8am today by a couple of guys at the door saying they had to change the filters in the air conditioning (or something). I wasn't expecting them and didn't have time, so they said they'd come back on Saturday.

Has anyone else had experience of this kind of thing? It was the fact that they were unannounced that made me a bit suspicious. I imagine they were probably on the level - if they were crooked they probably wouldn't have offered to come back at my convenience! - but I wanted to be sure.

they do the same thing in the marina
Old Apr 28th 2005, 7:13 am
Sat on the fence ......

Rumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond repute

A friend of mine lives on the springs and yes she has had this happen if they dnt make appt she doesn't let them in.........
Old Apr 28th 2005, 8:19 am
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that... so do we reckon they're actually genuine? Presumably if I let them in, I shouldn't have to pay them?
Old Apr 28th 2005, 9:22 am
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that... so do we reckon they're actually genuine? Presumably if I let them in, I shouldn't have to pay them?
its strange, i requested it once and i had to pay, however, i believe they now do it twice a year free of charge, and if you request it they pay you

This was a good one a few weeks ago...so a woman from Emrill calls me and says some technicians need to come to check my 'potentiometer' of my air conditioner. I ask her what for and she says they just have to do it to all the apartments for their records. I asked if it specifically affected anything to do with my a/c and she said no. I said fine, that she could send someone before 8 or after 6:30. She said, 'sorry, but it must be between 10 and 4', you will have to leave work. I laughed quite loudly and told her if they really needed to do this to everybody's apartment so badly 'for their records', then they could do it when it was convenient to the tenant, and until then, they couldn't do it.