Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

question re broadband

question re broadband

Old Jul 22nd 2009, 2:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute
Default question re broadband

I know this is probably a silly question but I am a total technophobe
When I move house and get the phoneline connected will I just be able to plug my broadband thingy into the phone point and it will work. Or do I have to get etisalat to fix something?
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 4:34 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: question re broadband

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
When I move house and get the phoneline connected will I just be able to plug my broadband thingy into the phone point and it will work. Or do I have to get etisalat to fix something?
when we moved Du came round and activated it
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 5:01 am
BE Enthusiast

banter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond repute

You will have to call them for a relocation of the exsisting service. Pretty simple if you are with Etisalat, I have no experience of Du so could not comment

You will need to use this form for a change of location

http://www.etisalat.ae/index.jsp?lan...000a0a0a0a____
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 5:25 am
Forum Regular

B Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of light

Just been through this with etisalat......

Don't bother going to the outlets (I went to the one in Festival City - and they promptly did nothing after 4 days!) - Go to the business centre (I used the one by Wafi). You need the usual passport copies etc, and a clearance cert for the new place, and a a copy of the new tennancy agreement. It helps if you have the etisalat tel no or house reference. Fill out the form with the guy at the desk upstairs when your number is called - pay the fee (100 aed or something - can't remember), and they tell you the engineer will call in'shallah! he called later that day, and came around to new house and activated it all by 0900.

At home this weekend - where my monthly internet bill for 5 mbps is now 6 Euros as opposed to 250 AED for 1 mbps here - how crap is that!!!!?
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 5:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by B Bear
Just been through this with etisalat......

Don't bother going to the outlets (I went to the one in Festival City - and they promptly did nothing after 4 days!) - Go to the business centre (I used the one by Wafi). You need the usual passport copies etc, and a clearance cert for the new place, and a a copy of the new tennancy agreement. It helps if you have the etisalat tel no or house reference. Fill out the form with the guy at the desk upstairs when your number is called - pay the fee (100 aed or something - can't remember), and they tell you the engineer will call in'shallah! he called later that day, and came around to new house and activated it all by 0900.

At home this weekend - where my monthly internet bill for 5 mbps is now 6 Euros as opposed to 250 AED for 1 mbps here - how crap is that!!!!?
Thank you. What is a "clearance certificate"
I want to take my existing landline No. with me as well, so hopefully that will help..or not lol!

Thanks for the link to that form Banter.
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 5:44 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you. What is a "clearance certificate"
I want to take my existing landline No. with me as well, so hopefully that will help..or not lol!

Thanks for the link to that form Banter.
I think it might be the final bill? from the old place? where you moving to Patsy?
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 6:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I think it might be the final bill? from the old place? where you moving to Patsy?
Just around the corner lol
Can I have the account just transfered or do I need to close them and reopen??
God don't you hate moving!!
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 8:14 am
BE Enthusiast

banter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond repute

Just around the corner lol
Can I have the account just transfered or do I need to close them and reopen??
God don't you hate moving!!
They can transfer it for you - you need to go to your nearest main etislat office with a current bill that you have from them, your old tennancy contract, your new tennancy contract and your passport and visa page copy, they will arrange to have the service disconnected at your old place of residence and connected at the new place.
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 8:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by banter64
They can transfer it for you - you need to go to your nearest main etislat office with a current bill that you have from them, your old tennancy contract, your new tennancy contract and your passport and visa page copy, they will arrange to have the service disconnected at your old place of residence and connected at the new place.
HURRAH!!! thank you Banter.
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

HURRAH!!! thank you Banter.
You are welcome - just a couple of points if I may

1) Home phone line will cost you 100aed to retain and shift the number

2) Internet will cost you 200aed to shift

make sure that you have copies of all the documents with you as this will save you time.