Qtel Doha

Old Mar 12th 2013, 4:51 am
BE Enthusiast

DOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Qtel Doha

Went to get my internet hooked up yesterday and really feel like ive had a fast one pulled on me

Had loads of problems in the UK with ISPs so maybe im a bit suspicious

I was told i had fibre optic in my area and so could get the best(and most expensive)package available. Now on the Qtel website it says where i live that fibre optic isnt available. I queried him on this and he said "excuse me sir im in charge of the fibre optic installations and that you should trust me" When i asked him why was a salesman in charge of installing fibre optic he just skirted over the subject... He then promised me that i would get the speed that which i was paying for and that installation should be in one or two days

Am i being overly suspicious? Who has had dealings with Qtel? Ive just had the worst hassle from the agent from hell to move into my apartment and i really cant be bothered pissing about with Qtel now
Old Mar 12th 2013, 7:23 am
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Qtel Doha

Their coverage is random across the city. I'm currently in central Doha (Old Al Salatha area) and surprisingly there is no fibre optic, so I can't get Mozaic TV and am limited to a 2MB ADSL line shared with two other apartments.

Watch out for hidden connection fees and equipment fees which will appear on your first bill, and cancellation fees if you cancel within the first twelve months.

Best get a Vv Pp Nn sorted out so you can access download sites and watch SkyGo.

Otherwise Q-Tel are OK to deal with.
Old Mar 12th 2013, 7:42 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RyanC
Went to get my internet hooked up yesterday and really feel like ive had a fast one pulled on me

I guarantee they have lied.

Had loads of problems in the UK with ISPs so maybe im a bit suspicious

You are right to be

I was told i had fibre optic in my area and so could get the best(and most expensive)package available. Now on the Qtel website it says where i live that fibre optic isnt available. I queried him on this and he said "excuse me sir im in charge of the fibre optic installations and that you should trust me" When i asked him why was a salesman in charge of installing fibre optic he just skirted over the subject... He then promised me that i would get the speed that which i was paying for and that installation should be in one or two days

Hilarious. Qtel are useless, infact they make useless look good. Took them 3 attempts to install my TV & Router and 10 days (Having been guaranteed 4 days) 2 seperate 'Engineers' as the 1st one could only install downstairs and not upstairs and I also was in a fibre optic area and never got it.

Am i being overly suspicious? Who has had dealings with Qtel? Ive just had the worst hassle from the agent from hell to move into my apartment and i really cant be bothered pissing about with Qtel now
Good luck buddy, you will need it.
Old Mar 12th 2013, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

Imack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really nice

we're getting 0.1 meg per second at our villa just now, would be quicker plugging a cable into the wall, or failing that a carrier pigeon...
Old Mar 12th 2013, 10:35 am
BE Enthusiast

DOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah ive a feeling ive been shafted here
If i dont get what ive been told though. I.e i was right and there isnt even fibre optic then i should just be able to go back and change my payment plan?
Old Mar 12th 2013, 10:41 am
BE Enthusiast

dubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of lightdubaiguy2011 is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah ive a feeling ive been shafted here
If i dont get what ive been told though. I.e i was right and there isnt even fibre optic then i should just be able to go back and change my payment plan?
I still admire your blind faith mate...
Old Mar 12th 2013, 10:44 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dubaiguy2011
I still admire your blind faith mate...
Insh'Allah..................

Old Mar 12th 2013, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Haha i like to think of myself as "trusting" rather than just a total mug
Old Mar 12th 2013, 10:49 am
Shark Fisherman

Haha i like to think of myself as "trusting" rather than just a total mug
Tis a fine line though mate!
Old Mar 12th 2013, 10:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by britexpat76
Tis a fine line though mate!
I think i was on the wrong side of it on Friday when i moved into my apartment thats for sure
Old Mar 12th 2013, 10:52 am
Shark Fisherman

I think i was on the wrong side of it on Friday when i moved into my apartment thats for sure
Did you have drama?
Old Mar 12th 2013, 10:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by britexpat76
Did you have drama?
Only with the agent. Im dying to name and shame him on here so no brit will ever use him ever again. Whats forum rules like regards that though?
Old Mar 12th 2013, 10:57 am
Shark Fisherman

Only with the agent. Im dying to name and shame him on here so no brit will ever use him ever again. Whats forum rules like regards that though?
Fire away. Allowed, provide its accurate and non libelous. Name him!
Old Mar 12th 2013, 11:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Iyad Mohammed Abdelaziz Abuqbeith
Jordanian
77 60 xxxx

Id advise against using this guy at all costs.
Wont answer his phone or reply to emails. Constantly shows up late and even got offended when i called him up on it. Full of excuses and just a general idiot to deal with. Not someone you want to use.....ever

Last edited by DOHDUBMAN; Mar 12th 2013 at 11:25 am.
Old Mar 12th 2013, 11:03 am
Shark Fisherman

Iyad Mohammed Abdelaziz Abuqbeith
Jordanian
77 60 ****

Id advise against using this guy at all costs.
Wont answer his phone or reply to emails. Constantly shows up late and even got offended when i called him up on it. Full of excuses and just a general idiot to deal with. Not someone you want to use.....ever
Just edit his number a little mate!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.