QS Salaries

Old May 12th 2008, 5:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

CeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of light
Default QS Salaries

Just a very quick question......

when talking money with an employer do you generally talk in dhs / month or £ per year?

I got an offer today but its just dawned on me that i can't remember what currency we were talking. Only thousands were mention. Looks like I'll have a bit of a sleepless night.
Old May 12th 2008, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

Chesney Hawkes will become famous soon enoughChesney Hawkes will become famous soon enough
Default Re: QS Salaries

Call me, call me by my name...

Can't say I have a huge amount of experience but I think it's mainly Dhs./month.

How much do you think you got offered?
Old May 12th 2008, 5:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Live for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CeeBee
Just a very quick question......

when talking money with an employer do you generally talk in dhs / month or £ per year?

I got an offer today but its just dawned on me that i can't remember what currency we were talking. Only thousands were mention. Looks like I'll have a bit of a sleepless night.
Try to think if it was thousands per month or year eg 40000 per month would obviously be dhs, 80000 per year would be pounds! But suppose it depends who and where the person is you are talking to, usually from the Uk the agents talk in pounds and here obviously Dhs, won't help you i know but try get some sleep lol
Old May 12th 2008, 5:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

CeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of lightCeeBee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Live for now
Try to think if it was thousands per month or year eg 40000 per month would obviously be dhs, 80000 per year would be pounds! But suppose it depends who and where the person is you are talking to, usually from the Uk the agents talk in pounds and here obviously Dhs, won't help you i know but try get some sleep lol
I know, i've tried to remember but can't. The agency is over here but the interviewer briefly mentioned money and he's based over in dubai. he wouldn't talk in £....would he?

The thing is the money that we're talking about - if in dhs - wouldn't be unachievable. If its in £ it still isn't too bad but ovbiously a hell of a lot different.
Old May 12th 2008, 6:27 pm
same shit different day

Slingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond repute

I know, i've tried to remember but can't. The agency is over here but the interviewer briefly mentioned money and he's based over in dubai. he wouldn't talk in £....would he?

The thing is the money that we're talking about - if in dhs - wouldn't be unachievable. If its in £ it still isn't too bad but ovbiously a hell of a lot different.
It would usually be discussed in Dhs per month.
Old May 12th 2008, 7:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Slingshot
It would usually be discussed in Dhs per month.
This is exactly why i assumed it was per month. Ah well, either way it won't be a bad offer....just that if it was per month I'd be a hell of a lot better off.
Old May 13th 2008, 7:43 am
BE Enthusiast

This is exactly why i assumed it was per month. Ah well, either way it won't be a bad offer....just that if it was per month I'd be a hell of a lot better off.
I've now received confirmation of the offer, can anyone out there please pm me so I can run through it?
Old May 13th 2008, 8:11 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

it would depend on what you are getting paid in...

my salry is in GBP so we talk GBP..

However my local contract for the FZE is in AED so we have to equate it to AED for salary certificates and suchlike..

having had 3 jobs here all with differing package scales/payments/accom included/not included i pretty much know what the scoop is..

and im a realist..

pm me...