Qatar : Work Visa

Old Jan 16th 2015, 10:23 am
Just Joined

Getridofglazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Qatar : Work Visa

Hi

I commenced employment in Qatar on 18 Jan 2014 but unfortunately had to return home to UK in August 2014.

The Company accepted my resignation back in August and I have asked them about the status of the Work Visa in case I want to work in Qatar again.

They simply responded by saying :-

"Your visa will expire automatically on 18 jan 15."

Does that mean I will be automatically be able to work in Qatar again for another Company after 18 Jan 2015 ?

OR

Do I have to wait another 6 months or 2 years or have an NOC from The Previous Company as well before I can work for another Company in Qatar ?

Thanks and apologies if this has been answered in another thread - I did search but could not find any info.
Old Jan 16th 2015, 1:01 pm
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Qatar : Work Visa

Originally Posted by Getridofglazer
Hi

I commenced employment in Qatar on 18 Jan 2014 but unfortunately had to return home to UK in August 2014.

The Company accepted my resignation back in August and I have asked them about the status of the Work Visa in case I want to work in Qatar again.

They simply responded by saying :-

"Your visa will expire automatically on 18 jan 15."

Does that mean I will be automatically be able to work in Qatar again for another Company after 18 Jan 2015 ?

OR

Do I have to wait another 6 months or 2 years or have an NOC from The Previous Company as well before I can work for another Company in Qatar ?

Thanks and apologies if this has been answered in another thread - I did search but could not find any info.
The rules around the RP/ Work Visa are changing in Qatar, albeit slowly, owing to pressure from World Cup 22, so things are uncertain at present.

If you have a Residency Permit glued into your passport, then you were under someone's sponsorship and need their consent to transfer to a new employer. The RP can be cancelled by your sponsor at any time or will self expire on the date printed on the RP (or maybe automatically after you have left Qatar for 6 months, not sure). From the cancellation/ expiry date, you r new sponsor/ employer can't apply for a new RP for two years, without your former sponsor's consent.

From the information in your post, you might have been on a business visa, renewable monthly by a trip overseas, or bi-monthly by visiting immigration in Qatar followed by a trip overseas.

I've heard rumour that new sponsorship rules have been implemented by Qatar MOI, although not advertised, meaning that if your contract has expired and/ or been terminated, then you are free to change employer/ sponsor.

As with all things in Qatar, a bit random!

Hope this helps.

[J]

Last edited by Johnnyboy11; Jan 16th 2015 at 1:04 pm.