Qatar Work Permit

Old May 23rd 2013, 9:24 pm
Just Joined

WESTWOOD100 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Qatar Work Permit

Hello,

Looking for any advice that can be offered in relation to obtaining a work permit in Qatar.

I live in Scotland and believe you need a Disclosure Scotland form as part of the work visa process. Does anyone know if this is correct?

If so, I have read that a Basic Disclosure form suffices although the posts are just about one year old.

Does anyone have any recent experience or knowledge on this front??
Old May 24th 2013, 7:12 am
BE Enthusiast

DOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Qatar Work Permit

Originally Posted by WESTWOOD100
Hello,

Looking for any advice that can be offered in relation to obtaining a work permit in Qatar.

I live in Scotland and believe you need a Disclosure Scotland form as part of the work visa process. Does anyone know if this is correct?

If so, I have read that a Basic Disclosure form suffices although the posts are just about one year old.

Dont really understand most of your post mate

Im from Scotland and didnt require anything at all like you mentioned. Im not really sure Qatar do 'work permits'
Your company will sponsor you and through this you will receive residents permits etc
Are you moving to Qatar or just trying to work here temporarily?
If its just a rotation thing i guess you would just enter on a visitors visa(which you can extend) but im not really sure on the working permit front.

What i do know is whoever your employers are should have this all arranged and set up for you before arrival. If its a qatari company make sure you read all the T&Cs first
Old May 24th 2013, 9:55 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

The disclosure seems to vary from job to job. Seems Ryan didn't need it and nor did I but some of the construction chaps have to do it. It's purely down to the company.
Old May 24th 2013, 1:50 pm
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute

You'll need one if you are joining a Government organisation and a Basic Disclosure is accepted, but needs to be authenticated (stamped):

UK Solicitor
UK FCO, Milton Keynes
Qatar Embassy, London
Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Qatar (near Gulf Cinema signal)

[J]
Old May 25th 2013, 6:46 am
Just Joined

WESTWOOD100 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ryan - its a permanent position i'm looking to take up. I've realised now that its a residence permit i'll apply for rather than a work permit.

Gents, thanks for your advice it's been very helpful.
Old May 25th 2013, 12:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

DOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this point

Ryan - its a permanent position i'm looking to take up. I've realised now that its a residence permit i'll apply for rather than a work permit.

Gents, thanks for your advice it's been very helpful.
No worries

That will be handled by your company. My advice is lean on them a little but also try and take matters into your own hands as much as possible. You may have to wait and rely on drivers to take you different locations. Instead of that i found out what the next step was and got taxis/cars to take me there so i was seeing a little more of the city on my own terms as well as probably speeding up the process. Prepare to wait in lines,shoved and made to feel like a sheep being herded into a pen. Bring water with you to the different offices as well because its getting hot!

All going well it should take less than 2 weeks. It can be done a lot quicker though and a lot longer

Good luck
Old May 25th 2013, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

kingsbury100 is a jewel in the roughkingsbury100 is a jewel in the roughkingsbury100 is a jewel in the roughkingsbury100 is a jewel in the roughkingsbury100 is a jewel in the rough

Hi Westwood (please don't be the DJ)

I have just been through this, Brit expats right and it does seem to vary through job to job. Some people have got away with a disclosure Scotland, but if your record is clean and you want one that is definitely taken by it seems everyone including governmental organisations, get a police certificate.

http://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx

This is the website and the document you need and all the instructions are at the bottom.

You then need to send this off to the FCO to get apostled. You don't need to get this signed by a solicitor as the FCO has a list of signatures on file and whoever signs the police certificate , their signature will be on that file.

https://www.gov.uk/get-document-legalised

If you need education docs or anything else like that you need to get it signed by a solicitor or notary and stamped by them. My advice is anything such as an education certificate that you need stamped and signed, go to a solicitor , not a notary . All the notaries are few and far between unless you live in a big metropolis , and they are ridiculously expensive and unnecessary. For my docs the solicitor charges me £5 , the two notaries I asked wanted to charge me £100 plus time.

Once you get these docs back from the FCO you need to take it to the Qatari Embassy http://www.qatarembassy.info/ (you need use this web address in firefox or IE as it has a fit if you try and open it in chrome) the nearest stations are Hyde park corner or green park , but the directions are on the website.
You hand them the docs that you have and then they give you a ticket and then you come back in a couple of days (or they will send it to you , but sod that in case they get lost in the post) and jobs a goodun.

Hope that helps , but feel free to shout me if you need any more info.
Old May 25th 2013, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

kingsbury100 is a jewel in the roughkingsbury100 is a jewel in the roughkingsbury100 is a jewel in the roughkingsbury100 is a jewel in the roughkingsbury100 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by RyanC
No worries

That will be handled by your company. My advice is lean on them a little but also try and take matters into your own hands as much as possible. You may have to wait and rely on drivers to take you different locations. Instead of that i found out what the next step was and got taxis/cars to take me there so i was seeing a little more of the city on my own terms as well as probably speeding up the process. Prepare to wait in lines,shoved and made to feel like a sheep being herded into a pen. Bring water with you to the different offices as well because its getting hot!

All going well it should take less than 2 weeks. It can be done a lot quicker though and a lot longer

Good luck
sorry , just read this now and that you need an RP not what i suggested. Feel free to ignore my pointless advice above

I shall be asking you how to do the RP i am sure when i move out there in a bit .
Old May 25th 2013, 3:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kingsbury100
sorry , just read this now and that you need an RP not what i suggested. Feel free to ignore my pointless advice above

I shall be asking you how to do the RP i am sure when i move out there in a bit .
FFS , now i used the wrong quote, i cant internet, too hard