Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Qatar Visa Query(again)

Qatar Visa Query(again)

Old May 22nd 2013, 1:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

DOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Qatar Visa Query(again)

Right guys got a question for someone in the know

Im flying to the UK on the 14th and returning on the 27th. Company paying for my flights and exit visa etc wont be a problem. Im flying KLM for this part

When i land in Qatar though i want to fly straight to Dubai. I don't even want to leave the airport. How easy is this to arrange through Qatar airways? Will they think I'm doing some illegal visa country hop? Could i book a flight with QA separate to my booked flight with KLM and organise it as a transfer?

The main problem is my work. I land on a thursday night and my PLO wont be working so once I'm in there is no way of me obtaining a visa to get back out so i assume the only way would be to get a transfer?

I dont think flying straight from Aberdeen to Dubai will be an option either as they state country of origin/country of work on my contract

Any ideas please?
Old May 23rd 2013, 4:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Theseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond reputeTheseus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Qatar Visa Query(again)

You can transfer - you just go to the transfer desk when you land, there is one in the arrivals terminal, before immigration. or get the bus to take you to transfers, However your bags might not be so easy, If you're going with just hand baggage it'll probably be fine.

The easiest way for you to do it is to get your company to buy your uk return from Dubai istead of doha then just hop over to Dubai to pick up your flight home, then when you come back you'll be going straight back to Dubai without stopping in Doha. Hope that makes sense.
Old May 23rd 2013, 6:32 am
BE Enthusiast

DOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this point

The second option may be feasible. Cheers for the advice
Old May 23rd 2013, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

Imack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really nice

Ryan, you could always go with Emirates from Glasgow and go straight to Dubai with a forward dated transfer to Doha? Assuming you've thought about that already.....
Old May 23rd 2013, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

Imack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really niceImack1811 is just really nice

just re-read your first post and the bit at the end, think I may be talking bollocks
Old May 23rd 2013, 12:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Imack1811
just re-read your first post and the bit at the end, think I may be talking bollocks
Haha no probs mate. Gonna get work to change my flights from Dubai-aberdeen as it seems the best option

Still need to meet up mate so i can get those lovely L&Bs off ya ha