Qatar

Old May 24th 2005, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

Adan has a spectacular aura aboutAdan has a spectacular aura aboutAdan has a spectacular aura about
Question Qatar

Hi guys,

I need your opinion on Qatar. I've been trying my luck in Dubai for the last few months and........well, no luck The competition is stiff and the fact that I'm applying from overseas is working against me.

Recently I've started to read about Qatar and the ambitious plans they have for the future. Seems like a new Dubai in the making. So I'm beginning to ponder the idea of looking for a job there, and was eager to hear your thoughts/expertise on the job market in Qatar. I'm a mechanical engineer by the way.

Any leads will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Adan
Old May 24th 2005, 7:16 pm
Melts in your Mouth

Malteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Qatar

[QUOTE=Adan]Hi guys,

I need your opinion on Qatar. I've been trying my luck in Dubai for the last few months and........well, no luck The competition is stiff and the fact that I'm applying from overseas is working against me.

Recently I've started to read about Qatar and the ambitious plans they have for the future. Seems like a new Dubai in the making. So I'm beginning to ponder the idea of looking for a job there, and was eager to hear your thoughts/expertise on the job market in Qatar. I'm a mechanical engineer by the way.

Cheers

Adan I am currently in Qatar. It is yess on the way to expantion at a very fast rate. Its like one huge contruction site at the mo and loads of expats moving out here. Huge projects like the new airport have just started. Doha will be right now as I see it prob like Dubai 10yrs ago but on the way up. Not perfect but very pleasant.

What do u want to know exactly???
Old May 24th 2005, 7:24 pm
Just Joined

Adan has a spectacular aura aboutAdan has a spectacular aura aboutAdan has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Malteser

Adan I am currently in Qatar. It is yess on the way to expantion at a very fast rate. Its like one huge contruction site at the mo and loads of expats moving out here. Huge projects like the new airport have just started. Doha will be right now as I see it prob like Dubai 10yrs ago but on the way up. Not perfect but very pleasant.

What do u want to know exactly???
Hi Malteser,

Thanks for the info. I was curios if it's as difficult to find a job in Qatar as it seems in Dubai. Unlike Dubai, Oil and Gas is the main money maker in Qatar. Does that mean that a mechanical engineer such as myself is out of luck?

Adan
Old May 24th 2005, 7:26 pm
Melts in your Mouth

Malteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Adan
Hi Malteser,

Thanks for the info. I was curios if it's as difficult to find a job in Qatar as it seems in Dubai. Unlike Dubai, Oil and Gas is the main money maker in Qatar. Does that mean that a mechanical engineer such as myself is out of luck?

Adan

Oeeerrr have no idea about that to be honest. Not even sure what a mechanical engineer does to be honest............sorry!
Old May 24th 2005, 7:27 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Malteser
Oeeerrr have no idea about that to be honest. Not even sure what a mechanical engineer does to be honest............sorry!
LOL! Thanks anyways Malteser
Old May 24th 2005, 7:28 pm
Melts in your Mouth

LOL! Thanks anyways Malteser

Ure welcome................anything else u need to know ingeneral just fire away
Old May 24th 2005, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

Quokka will become famous soon enoughQuokka will become famous soon enough

I'm not in Qatar, but was recently approached about a job there.
I'm an Electrical Designer, oil&gas
What is your career background?
Old May 24th 2005, 9:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Quokka
I'm not in Qatar, but was recently approached about a job there.
I'm an Electrical Designer, oil&gas
What is your career background?
Hi there Quokka,

I have just over two years experience in support and professional services. Aerospace and aviation sector mainly.

Adan
Old May 25th 2005, 3:44 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Adan .... there are some big oil and gas company in Qatar. My hubby works for Qatar Petroleum, some other ladies I knows hubby works for Maersk, Halliburton , Schlumberger, and Conoco Phillips. And for the construction company they have Hallcrow (Australian company, excuse the spelling), Dolphin and UEM (Malaysian Company), Technip... and I am sure would be loads of others.

Have u have a look in Qatar Petroleum website? They advertise some job there?

All the best,

NOVITA
Old May 25th 2005, 5:45 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by novita77
Adan .... there are some big oil and gas company in Qatar. My hubby works for Qatar Petroleum, some other ladies I knows hubby works for Maersk, Halliburton , Schlumberger, and Conoco Phillips. And for the construction company they have Hallcrow (Australian company, excuse the spelling), Dolphin and UEM (Malaysian Company), Technip... and I am sure would be loads of others.

Have u have a look in Qatar Petroleum website? They advertise some job there?

All the best,

NOVITA
Hi there Novita,

I have taken a look on the Qatar Petroleum website but it's really discouraging to see the number of years of experience they require, mostly 8-15 years! I'm 27 years old with 2.3 years of experience (the fact that I have to use decimal makes even worse ).

I didn't know about the other companies you mentioned. I will certainly take a look on their websites. I just hope they don't ask for centuries of experience like Qatar Petro.

Thanks Novita

Adan
Old May 25th 2005, 5:51 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there Novita,

I have taken a look on the Qatar Petroleum website but it's really discouraging to see the number of years of experience they require, mostly 8-15 years! I'm 27 years old with 2.3 years of experience (the fact that I have to use decimal makes even worse ).

I didn't know about the other companies you mentioned. I will certainly take a look on their websites. I just hope they don't ask for centuries of experience like Qatar Petro.

Thanks Novita

Adan
Hi Adan .... sorry I can't help much further at the moment. If I heard anything else I will let u know.

Btw ... Bactheel (excuse spelling too since I am crap in spelling) also have a very huge project here. They building the new Doha Airport. And I know some ppl working there as junior engineer (they are in your age) or something like that. Probably you can try searching for their website.

And also have you try Oxycidental (spelling again... ). They also quite big oil and gas company. Apart of that there is also Total Finna.

I'll ask hubby for further info.
Old May 25th 2005, 5:59 am
semarang

Hi there Novita,

Thanks Novita

Adan
I hv PM'ed u the e-mail address and the contact person of agent who recruiting for total fina in Doha.

And the website for the agent: www.mphglobal.com

All the best,

NOVITA
Old May 25th 2005, 11:01 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by novita77
I hv PM'ed u the e-mail address and the contact person of agent who recruiting for total fina in Doha.

And the website for the agent: www.mphglobal.com

All the best,

NOVITA
Just got your PM Novita and replied to it. Thank you very much for your help. I'll keep you posted on my progress.

Adan
Old May 25th 2005, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

Quokka will become famous soon enoughQuokka will become famous soon enough

Hi there Quokka,

I have just over two years experience in support and professional services. Aerospace and aviation sector mainly.

Adan
G'day Adan

You'll probably find it difficult to get a start in O&G without the background experience. I have no knowledge of aviation industry, so can't help you there.
You are young enough to adapt to anything so you just need a start.
You may be better approaching a UK company for a staff position. Being willing to travel is well regarded, especially in a career job.
Old May 25th 2005, 2:39 pm
UAE Expat

Frans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud ofFrans Wind has much to be proud of

Hi guys,

Cheers

Adan

Hi Adan, you might want to try contacting Bechtel. The main project supervisor on the new Qatar airport project. I heard the are looking for all kinds of qualified people. Bechtel USA that is.

Good luck,

Frans

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.