Property prices

Old May 22nd 2012, 5:12 pm
Just Joined

darlingbuds is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Property prices

Did anyone notice the price hike in properties in Dubai in the last 3 months? We have been trying to rent a 2 bed in Marina or Palm and already 4 times just before the tennancy signed the owner pulls out and either increases the price or puts the app for sale? Its almoust impossible to find a 2 bed F type on the Palm for 130 now. Only few moths ago they were goinf ofr 110K!
Please share your views
Old May 22nd 2012, 6:32 pm
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Property prices

Originally Posted by darlingbuds
Did anyone notice the price hike in properties in Dubai in the last 3 months? We have been trying to rent a 2 bed in Marina or Palm and already 4 times just before the tennancy signed the owner pulls out and either increases the price or puts the app for sale? Its almoust impossible to find a 2 bed F type on the Palm for 130 now. Only few moths ago they were goinf ofr 110K!
Please share your views
There's been a couple of reports out that we've hit the bottom. Unfortunately, a combination of greedy estate agents, and foolish owners is likely to cause the market to crash again.

I don't for one second think we've hit the bottom. I refuse to believe that occupancy rates are anywhere near as high as what landlords and estate agents would like to have us believe. You only have to look at the dark towers in the marina to see that.
Old May 22nd 2012, 8:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Wait until the war in Sept
Old May 23rd 2012, 10:03 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

The Palm is so overrated - a colleague of mine lives there (and purely so that he can go around 'bragging' that he lives on the palm ) and the number of issues he's had with his apartment is truly hilarious - Nakheel definitely screwed up on those developments.

In the Marina, near where i live, there's a new building thats just become available, its called Orra (I think) - it looks pretty snazzy from the outside with tennis courts and all....anyway, out of curiosity i rang asking them how much a 2 bed, over looking the marina would cost and they said aprts start at AED 115k, which i thought was pretty steep. Considering there are so many vacant aprts about.
Old May 23rd 2012, 10:13 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Are we talking property prices or rents here? Seems to be both.
Old May 23rd 2012, 10:56 am
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mission
The Palm is so overrated - a colleague of mine lives there (and purely so that he can go around 'bragging' that he lives on the palm ) and the number of issues he's had with his apartment is truly hilarious - Nakheel definitely screwed up on those developments.

In the Marina, near where i live, there's a new building thats just become available, its called Orra (I think) - it looks pretty snazzy from the outside with tennis courts and all....anyway, out of curiosity i rang asking them how much a 2 bed, over looking the marina would cost and they said aprts start at AED 115k, which i thought was pretty steep. Considering there are so many vacant aprts about.
Another 'Orra Story?'
Old May 23rd 2012, 4:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Are we talking property prices or rents here? Seems to be both.
In theory they should go hand in hand.
Old May 23rd 2012, 4:31 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
In theory they should go hand in hand.
In theory...
Old May 23rd 2012, 4:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Meow
In theory...
and in practice a lot of the time - with only a small difference in timing...sale prices are up c.10% since the bottom as are the rents.

Even if you look at the 2008 bubble, rents and prices both fell (roughly in line) by 50% since the peak.
Old May 23rd 2012, 5:51 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
and in practice a lot of the time - with only a small difference in timing...sale prices are up c.10% since the bottom as are the rents.

Even if you look at the 2008 bubble, rents and prices both fell (roughly in line) by 50% since the peak.
did you find somewhere to live by the way?
Old May 24th 2012, 4:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by norsk
did you find somewhere to live by the way?
Not really - we have agreed I will leave mid august so it's a bit too early to look.