Property Agent

Old Dec 8th 2008, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Currently living in Wrexham North Wales, UK but soon to move to Dubai with work.
AndyB123 is a name known to allAndyB123 is a name known to allAndyB123 is a name known to allAndyB123 is a name known to allAndyB123 is a name known to allAndyB123 is a name known to allAndyB123 is a name known to allAndyB123 is a name known to allAndyB123 is a name known to allAndyB123 is a name known to allAndyB123 is a name known to all
Angry Property Agent

Hi All,

Were having problems getting in touch with a property agent, he is acting on behalf of the landlord and had promissed to hand over the keys. But since paying out the rental money and his commission we now cannot contact him he does not answer his phone.

The agent in question is known only as Malik and looks to be operating out of the Bur Dubai area. We do have an official green coloured rental contract with the landlord and she is also trying to contact this guy but having similar problems to us.

Any one know of this guy.
Appreciate any info.:curse:
Old Dec 8th 2008, 7:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

pauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to allpauldxb is a name known to all
Default Re: Property Agent

Originally Posted by AndyB123
Hi All,

Were having problems getting in touch with a property agent, he is acting on behalf of the landlord and had promissed to hand over the keys. But since paying out the rental money and his commission we now cannot contact him he does not answer his phone.

The agent in question is known only as Malik and looks to be operating out of the Bur Dubai area. We do have an official green coloured rental contract with the landlord and she is also trying to contact this guy but having similar problems to us.

Any one know of this guy.
Appreciate any info.:curse:
Im afraid Malik is a pretty common name
Old Dec 8th 2008, 9:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

bimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud ofbimcnorth has much to be proud of

He´s been incommunicado for a long time?
Old Dec 9th 2008, 5:14 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

he is either on holiday due to the eid break, or he has gone on an extended holiday (ie never to return), with your money (and probably a lot of other peoples money.
If he is not answering his phone, rahter than it being switched off, get someone to call him from another number that will be unknown to Malik, then ask about some property and arrange to meet him..

Apparently there is a consignement of baseball bats being brought in to help discussions of a financial nature...
Old Dec 10th 2008, 4:54 am
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

this may appear daft, but do you have any idea who he works for? I'm, kind of assuming you didn't do all the transactions from the back of a car... although in my experience, some agents would prefer it that way.

I don't think any of the dodgy agents I had dealings with were called Malik, although one that did indeed work in Bur Dubai witheld our deposit from the landlord (and nearly scuppered our contract) while he was squabbling over his cut of commission with another agent.

Your Landlord should know which company this chap works for.

I'd also think about stopping the cheques, if that's possible and dealing direct with the landlord.
Old Dec 10th 2008, 6:17 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

As stopping a cheque can land you in jail, I'd contact the police before taking that course of action.

If you know the lamdlord, why aren't they sorting it out??

-
Old Dec 10th 2008, 6:20 am
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
As stopping a cheque can land you in jail, I'd contact the police before taking that course of action.

-
can it really? Even if the cheques have fallen into the wrong hands?
Old Dec 10th 2008, 6:35 am
BE Enthusiast

BurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond repute

In Dubai - you need a police report to stop a cheque.
This can be obtained by visiting your friendly local police branch, and sharing the paperwork, and story. I'm sure they'll give you the letter, which you can hand-deliver to your bank and have the cheque stopped. (if it's not already cleared)
Old Dec 10th 2008, 4:35 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Currently living in Wrexham North Wales, UK but soon to move to Dubai with work.
AndyB123 is a name known to allAndyB123 is a name known to allAndyB123 is a name known to allAndyB123 is a name known to allAndyB123 is a name known to allAndyB123 is a name known to allAndyB123 is a name known to allAndyB123 is a name known to allAndyB123 is a name known to allAndyB123 is a name known to allAndyB123 is a name known to all

Hi All,

The landlord is genuine we signed contracts in here offices in the Bur Dubai area just of Bank Street, she has been nin touch and is helping. She has called to day to arrange a meeting at the property were she will hand over the keys.

I think she is also concerned about this guy as well, I will find out more tomorrow.

Thanks to all who replied and god willing we hope to have more positive news tomorrow.
Old Dec 10th 2008, 5:44 pm
It's what the eye see's..

Dutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by admon
he is either on holiday due to the eid break, or he has gone on an extended holiday (ie never to return), with your money (and probably a lot of other peoples money.
If he is not answering his phone, rahter than it being switched off, get someone to call him from another number that will be unknown to Malik, then ask about some property and arrange to meet him..

Apparently there is a consignement of baseball bats being brought in to help discussions of a financial nature...
Nice hint... But tried back tracing him? If he has an employer, that person has a photocopy of his passport, most probably also an address. That can act as a nice key to track him down in his own country. Most "financially hit and run guys" assume they're never caught. Arrogance can be a nice tool to use against him. I don't deal in baseball bats, just give friendly advise. What your next actions are? Is your business, not mine.
Old Dec 10th 2008, 5:52 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dutchie
Nice hint... But tried back tracing him? If he has an employer, that person has a photocopy of his passport, most probably also an address. That can act as a nice key to track him down in his own country. Most "financially hit and run guys" assume they're never caught. Arrogance can be a nice tool to use against him. I don't deal in baseball bats, just give friendly advise. What your next actions are? Is your business, not mine.

Dutchie, read the flippin script before you go into Van Der Valk mode will ya?
He is retained/employed by the Landlord.

Last edited by Eva; Dec 10th 2008 at 6:06 pm. Reason: sp
Old Dec 10th 2008, 5:54 pm

Dutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Meow

-
Illegal in Europe and the USA as well. The same applies for predating them. Even cheque's from outside the EU. Any EU bank will simply cash them in all at the same day. If they bounce? You're up shit creek.
Old Dec 10th 2008, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by Eva
Dutchie, read the flippin script before you go into Vand Der Valk mode will ya?
He is retained/employed by the Landlord.
Yes Ma'm...
Old Dec 11th 2008, 8:02 am
Just Joined

seanuae08 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
have you had any luck finding him? I have heard of something similar in Dubai, but likely not the same person
Old Dec 11th 2008, 8:03 am
Just Joined

seanuae08 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Have you heard any word from him yet? I have heard of something similar in Bur Dubai, but a different person taking the money

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.